Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Web Hosting for WordPress »

Can I use wordpress to host a domain that I purchased on another site?

Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:13 AM
Jeromens

1 posts · Nov 2010
Can I use wordpress to host a domain that I purchased on another site?

I purchased a domain and hosting from this website recently. Actually, I paid for the hosting, for 1 year, and the domain is yours for life.
I then realised that their hosting and site building software are not as good as wordpress or blogger and now I want to shift.

leanspa
leanspa

Last edited by Jeromens; Dec 2, 2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can always manually install wordpress and Atahualpa or yes you can always move if you are the actual owner of the domain name. Some hosts 'give' you the name but keep ownership so you can't walk away from them