Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Space between sidebar & center column?

Old Jun 29, 2010, 01:59 PM
wordpressnewbie

3 posts · Jun 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I would like to have a home / intro page with 3 text widgets that can be clicked to lead to subsequent pages. I used the Left Sidebar, Left Inner Sidebar, and Right Inner Sidebar to create this layout. However, there seems to be a space between the left inner sidebar and the right inner sidebar, which I believe is the center column.

I did deactivate the page title and set the center column padding to 0px, but nothing changes. It would be great if somebody could help, this is my link to the site I am working on:

http://gabytobler.com/BritPat/

Thank you!!

Gaby :-)
Old Jun 29, 2010, 02:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Why don't you add a new widget area with three cells to the header and use a page with nothing on it. In the CSS you could display the widget area for only that page.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 02:20 PM
wordpressnewbie

3 posts · Jun 2010
Carlsbad, CA
dear juggledad, thank you for your quick response, that sounds great, but I'm afraid I am not advanced enough yet to even understand how to add a widget with three cells...I also did want to keep the header as it is now on top of the three widgets.

Is there an existing thread on this topic that I missed? Maybe I could understand how this works by reading up on another thread?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 04:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the header area (ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area) items top to bottom as tehy are entered left to right, so if you have '%page %image %logo', on the hage it will be
page menu bar
header image
logo
while if you have '%logo %page %image' you will see
logo
page menu bar
header image

You could add the code for a three cell widget area as the last thing in your list using
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=header_widget_area&cells=3&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
then enter your image code n teh three new widget areas that will appear. (make sure to view the page once)
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:03 AM
wordpressnewbie

3 posts · Jun 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Dear juggledad,

Thank you for your effort to help! I managed to insert the three widgets as you suggested, but where would I be able to style them?

I am now also encountering a different problem since I need the three widgets only for the intro page and not on the subsequent pages. For all subsequent pages I need to have the post column on the left with one sidebar widget on the right.

I was able to distinguish this before, the only problem was the extra margin between the center column and the side bar widget on the right of the front page. Now I have three evenly spaced columns, but also on every subsequent page.

Hope you can help,

Gaby