Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

WP-eCommerce Examples

Old Mar 11, 2011, 07:33 AM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Is anyone using WP-eCommerce with Atahualpa? If so can you post your website? I am looking into WP-eCommerce, but the reviews and support are not so good. I have used eShop before, but they do not support Google Checkout.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 07:56 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
One of my clients is here - www.craftyclaires.co.uk

Seems to work quite well. Still learning though. They don't take any payment on-line though...

Needed some serious CSS work in the inserts section to get it displaying right on some pages though
Old Mar 22, 2011, 01:28 AM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Hi GarethP,

Thanks so much for the example, nice integration! Can you tell me what version of Wordpress/WP-eCommerce it is using? According to the WP-eCommerce plugin (ver 3.7.8) it is compatible up to Wordpress 3.0.5
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:23 AM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Has anyone used the "Gold Part" plugin for WP-eCommerce? If so can you post a site that you have it installed in?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 03:36 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
It's using 3.7.8 with no issues - site is WP3.1 and ATA 3.6.4

It's also using the gold cart plug-in to enable multiple images for products in the shop
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:53 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethP
It's using 3.7.8 with no issues - site is WP3.1 and ATA 3.6.4

It's also using the gold cart plug-in to enable multiple images for products in the shop
Thank you very much GarethP for sharing. I will give it a try and report back.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 04:09 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
So glad you've created this thread, SupraTT, as I am presently researching e-commerce plugin.

WordPress.org recommend downloading and installing WP-eCommece http://codex.wordpress.org/Business_...g_and_Shopping plugin, so I have just downloaded and installed to an https:// ready site employing WP 3.1. and ATA 3.6.4.

I very much look forward to you reporting back with feedback / findings!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have had success with the Tribulant Shopping Cart Plugin. The developer is very responsive as well. I used it on this site.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:50 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
Just as a warning to others - I tried updating my WP-eCommerce plugin to V3.8 today... Carried out all the steps - total failure! Widgets not working etc. Rolled back in DB and files. I Think it'll need some serious testing before I try upgrading it again...

It's a shame as the new user interface looks a lot better than the old one!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 04:21 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I have had success with the Tribulant Shopping Cart Plugin. The developer is very responsive as well. I used it on this site.
Thank you, Imilesw, I'll check this out.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:55 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethP
Just as a warning to others - I tried updating my WP-eCommerce plugin to V3.8 today... Carried out all the steps - total failure! Widgets not working etc. Rolled back in DB and files. I Think it'll need some serious testing before I try upgrading it again...

It's a shame as the new user interface looks a lot better than the old one!
Thanks for the heads up Gareth. I just stated setting up WP-eCommerce 3.7.8
Old Apr 4, 2011, 02:33 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
I need to sort out a sandbox site/area for thorough testing now this site building thing is getting serious!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:24 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
So far customizing WP-eCommerce has been a frustrating experience... not recommended if you need to do any customization to the plugin. Documentation and support for the plugin is either outdated/non-existent.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 01:43 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
I won't disagree with this. But the client likes it and they jumped and paid for the Gold-Cart upgrade before I could say anything.

It's OK for her small, ordering (off-line payments) business, but I wouldn't want to use it for anything big or with a serious number of transactions...

This is the only web-site I have built for a customer which has ever required anything of this sort - it's not what I would usually do...
Old Apr 5, 2011, 02:16 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Customization would seem to be via the various additional labeled WP e-Commerce xxxx plugins.

EDIT in:

I've just read...http://wordpress.org/support/topic/p...ed-entire-shop

Last edited by KatyDigg; Apr 5, 2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:06 AM
Kier

2 posts · May 2011
Hi,

I've been using wpec with gold cart and atahualpa for a while now in my shop

http://www.originalartisan.com

and use PayPal for payments.

I was very happy with the look of the site using ata and after a lot of tweaking and months of frustration with various updates, it does function quite well. However the old versions of wpec don't have the means to seo your site easily without hacking the code so that has had a serious effect on my site's sales and still is. It is also very tedious, slow and laborious to edit when you have a lot of products.

The new wpec 3.8 + versions promise to use wp's seo features and so I was very very pleased when it came out to update to the latest versions.

Unfortunately the update completely screwed my atahualpa site up and left me in tatters. I am not a coder and to solve my problems have been regrettably forced to change to weaver (as the older wpec versions arn't worth fixing or asking for support now the new ones are here).

However, now using up to date versions of wp, wpec and weaver and gold cart I still have imaging problems that have left my new test sites unuseable and am also unable to use a product importer because of these imaging probs which would potentially massively speed up my sites efficiency.

Wpec is excellent in many respects and if you use the right theme and that theme fits your needs then you have a winning combination as long as you can mess with code a bit and personalise your shop.

If like me and many others, your themes don't work, you can't fix them and have no money to throw at the situation, then you''re in deep trouble and have to try and get support from the forums, which can take weeks with no guarantee of support at all.

I wish atahualpa worked with the new wpec as it did with the old. Proper integration would be amazing for thousands of potential shop owners I'm sure.

I bought themeframe in the hope I could use it but haven't tried yet. If that integrates well then I'll be one happy man.

All in all, wpec is a double edged sword. It's either amazing or a nightmare. However it is improving all the time and I'm sure one day it will be the solution for all wp shops. I just hope themeframe is fully functional with it as that would be an amazing and probably unequalled combination.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 05:10 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
WPEC is poorly written and supported, I highly do NOT recommend it unless you are fine with a default installation.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 06:10 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I have to agree with Kier, and SupraTT. I have it (older version of WPEC + Gold Cart) running nicely with ATA 3.4.9, but will hope it runs with TF as it will be an excellent combination. Latest TF due in the next few days.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 08:38 AM
kristur

11 posts · Mar 2011
Iceland
Hello to all

Interesting thread I must say!

I have been running atahualpa + wpec 3.7.8 and gold cart on one of my sites and it is working quite well for the most part. Here is the site in question SupraTT: www.superskor.is

Now I have developed a new site using atahualpa and wish to add a webstore to that site. My first thought is to use wpec since my sites are in Icelandic and I've already translated the software for my other site. Basic install proved positive in that I could add the language files I had to the wpec 3.8.5 but out of the box I have some issues with the cart.

Is there anyone here on the forums that has experience with wp, atahualpa and wpec and is willing to take on some work? If so, please get in touch asap via private message!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:41 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
This is a great thread! I'm just building my first e-commerce site and I'm going to use Pay Trace as an external shopping cart to avoid the whole SSL issue. I think it will be a little more work from the start, but easier for my client to manage in the long run. I want to make sure what I'm doing makes sense though...I'll have to add a code under every product image that creates a buy or checkout button link to pay trace's shopping cart that looks like this:

<!--Copyright PayTrace, LLC 2004-->
<!--ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-->
<!--Please paste this code next to your product on your website.-->
<form action=HTTPS://PAYTRACE.COM/cart/default.pay method=post>
<input name=MID type=hidden value=888000002887>
<input name=ID type=hidden value=23>
<input name=PID type=hidden value=15564>
<input name=cmdPayTraceCart type=image src=https://paytrace.com/cart/images/buy1.gif>
</form>
<!--Thank you for using PayTrace.com-->

Not really sure how I'm going to do that...but the client already has Pay Trace and really likes how it works.. Any ideas or feedback? Thanks!