Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

What's the easiest way to wrap text around image in a page?

Old May 5, 2010, 02:41 PM
digeorge

5 posts · May 2010
What's the easiest way to wrap text around image in a page?

Hi,

I'd like to place description text to the right of an image, then another image below the first one and then more text to the right of the second image, etc. Paragraphs and brakes didn't seem to work. Do I use DIV for the image and the text or only the text? The images are aligned left. The <pre></pre> tag changes the font type.

Do I need to create CSS properties for each image and text block? Is there a simpler way to do this?

PS. Here's a link: http://www.fla-ewa.com/wpblog/?page_id=22

Thanks!

George
Old May 5, 2010, 04:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It would seem what you have to do is:
  • Add first image
  • Add text below image
  • Add second image below text
  • Add second block of text below second image
  • Click on first image and go into properties and select float left
  • Go into second image properties and select float right
  • Tweak
The way the text floats will depend on how much text you have and the space allotted for it.
Old May 6, 2010, 07:54 AM
digeorge

5 posts · May 2010
Thanks Larry,

maybe I didn't explain well... I'd like description text to float to the right of each image. The method you described doesn't work as expected - I already tried that. "Float left" is CSS property right? I setup "alignleft" for the images. It looks right in the Dashboard box, but not after the page is updated.
Is there a way to add text into an invisible text box to right of the image in a div kind of like this:

HTML Code:
<div style="position:absolute; left:450px; top:385px; width:407px; height:118px; padding: 10px; overflow: auto;">..text here...</div>
..or that's not a good idea?

Thanks!

George
Old May 6, 2010, 08:03 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
position:absolute can be problematic. how about using tables?
Old May 6, 2010, 08:16 AM
digeorge

5 posts · May 2010
Well, I was trying to avoid tables. It definitely looks really weird... I'm trying to work in the Contacts page. It kind works if when I have the image laignleft and put the text in a div which I aligncenter, but then I need to have a section name (wrapped <h4>) which places itself right under the div text no matter what I did. I tried to alignleft to no success.

Why this basic stuff is so hard to accomplish? Do I need to create a custom CSS for positioning?

Thanks!

George
Old May 6, 2010, 08:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
If this page indicates what you are trying to do then the addition of
HTML Code:
<div style="clear:both;">&nbsp;</div>
between each image/text combo is what I did. I put the first image in and set it to align left. I then added the text for the image. Then I went into HTML mode and added the clear:both item. Then I added the second image and set it to align right. Then I added the second text block.