Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Adding tables to pages

Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:51 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Adding tables to pages

Is there a simple way to add tables to a page (in the body content, not sidebars) - or do they have to be hand-coded html?

I probably put this in the wrong place, but couldn't see another category where it fit - apologies.

AND THANKS
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:56 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Get the TinyMCE Advanced plugin. It adds many useful items to the built-in post editor, including a table creation icon.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:07 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Thanks for your quick reply! Much appreciated.

I've downloaded and installed TinyMCE Advanced.

Do you know if this can be used with exec-php - which seems to require disabling WYSIWYG for php to work in the pages/posts?

I understand I need exec-php in order for Paypal buttons to work.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:41 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Hmmm. Not sure. Maybe Juggledad has the answer. Actually, I just posted about a tangential idea: you can add PHP code directly using the Edit Posts/Pages Info area, to the kicker or footer areas.

I know if you need to put an iframe into a post or page, you have to do it in HTML mode. If you switch to visual editor, the iframe code goes away. I don't see why you couldn't use the TinyMCE Advanced plugin, just switch to HTML mode when necessary. That's what I've done.

Remember to click on the kitchen sink icon to get all your new icons to show up. You have to configure TinyMCE advanced by dragging and dropping the new features you want up to the top. Then, say you want to add a table to a post. You'd click on the table icon, configure it, and then later if you want to edit it, right-click on the table and you can edit elements of the table. It's not as good as Dreamweaver's table creation, though. Sometimes I make a table in DW and copy/paste it into the post. Don't forget, too, that the theme has styles for tables, which you can configure in the ATA Options.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:03 PM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Thanks, I'll wait to see if juggledad jumps in with any more insight on the php. And so far, I don't plan on using iframes, but I'll keep that in mind.

A question on the TinyMCE setup - should I enable the bottom two check boxes in the Advanced section: "Import the current theme CSS classes", and "Stop removing the <p> and <br/> tags when saving and show them in the HTML editor>

I'm not sure what the implications of these are?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:26 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
ttt - I've got the same questions, please?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 06:44 AM
bigliettaio

128 posts · Nov 2009
Italy
Hi SG,
i used to make my tables with kompozer a mozilla plugin and then add it to post but finding not very perfoming tool a (re)biginning to insert manually table.

Remeber to write it "row by row" and look at following w3school rules :

Last edited by bigliettaio; Dec 19, 2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 08:08 AM
HarryObs

1 posts · Feb 2012
Apart from tinymce are there any other plugins that can create tables. I need something quite flexible.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:41 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Please define flexible. Tables are just code you style with inline code or CSS and are by their nature flexible.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
secretsquirrel

50 posts · Nov 2011
Staffordshire UK
http://www.staffierescue.co.uk/

Hi I use Tinymc tables for the dog rescues websites, they appear to do their job fine as you can see in the link.