Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Merging background with the posts and sidebar containers

Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:11 AM
PeggyP

12 posts · Jun 2010
Hi There
I hope I will make sense.
I would like to achieve something similar to these website http://simplemom.net/ and http://zenfullydelicious.com/
I would like the background to merge with the posts and sidebar containers and I would like to have the illusion of a ribbon going across the whole width of the screen aligned with with the category and page menu. I hope it makes sense.
Is there a way to achieve this with Atahualpa?
Many thanks in advance,
Peggy
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:41 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Typically that's done using a background image and making the necessary areas transparent.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:27 AM
PeggyP

12 posts · Jun 2010
That's what I am trying to do right now
Can you help with the background image please? I don't want it to repeat, so I changed I removed repeat top left to background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/test.png); but it still repeats the top image over and over again.
Thank you
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you don't want it to repeat you have to use no-repeat. If you are unclear about the CSS to use w3schools.com is a great resource.

You would generally use an image that repeats horizontally and then use CSS to position or perhaps use an image that is maybe 10px wide by 100px tall with the top part being the same color as the background and the bottom part being the color of the "stripe"

If you don't know much CSS this is kind of hard to describe but your background image code might look something like the following.
HTML Code:
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/test.png) repeat-x top left;
That is assuming your background image is a slice as I mentioned. If you use one big background image you would have to make it very wide to cover all possible viewing situations but then it might be rather large and slow the page load.