Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Can't find solution to problem - can I just start over?

Old Mar 19, 2009, 05:59 PM
bjt1t2t3

5 posts · Mar 2009
I am new to WordPress - and have had problems since day one. Very frustrating. I am having serious problems with blank pages and I have spent countless hours trying to find a solution - to no avail. I am desperate to get this issue resolved. Since I cannot find a solution to my problem, I am wondering if I can just start over? If so, how do I go about this? I have no idea how to "deactivate" WordPress through Yahoo and then start over fresh.

I am using WordPress through a link from my Yahoo web hosting account (WordPress version 2.3.3). I have the Atahualpa theme currently installed and I really love this theme and would like to use it successfully. I have imported blog posts from Moving Type, as well as added a few new posts within WordPress. But again, I CANNOT get these blank pages to go away! If I "start over", will all these posts be wiped out? Our blog is at http://site.escapadedirect.com/blog2

I appreciate ANY input! I'm desperate to get this WordPress blog working!

Thank you sincerely for any help.

JD
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:52 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
through a link from my Yahoo web hosting account (WordPress version 2.3.3)

Not sure what "through a link" means but I suggest that you get a regular & current (2.7.1) Wordpress installation after exporting your blog content at Site Admin -> Tools -> Export. This will generate a .xml file which you save on your desktop computer and import into the fresh current WP installation

Your blank pages might be related to a problem with the Atahualpa 3.x and WP 2.3, usually you'd see an error message but Yahoo is probably not displaying any.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 07:50 AM
bjt1t2t3

5 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks for the response. I activated WordPress through Yahoo Web Hosting - they have a one-click method to create a blog, and they automatically update WordPress when "they" feel it is necessary. I thought I would try upgrading to the new WordPress, but on the update page it says "If you have no idea what to do with this download, we recommend signing up with one of our web hosting partners that offers a one click install of WordPress" - which is what I have, but the current version is 2.3.3

I've had blank pages from the first day and am desperate to get this blog working.

If I follow the directions to upgrade to 2.7.1 (not the one-click install through Yahoo), I am assuming I will need to reinstall the Atahualpa theme and start over with the customizing - is this correct?

I've exported current data, as you suggested, so will try to figure out how to upgrade WordPress.

Any other thoughts on the blank pages occurring?

Thanks for your time!
JD
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:46 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Depends on how you upgrade, if the Atahualpa theme is still there at /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/ then you wouldn't need to upload it again. Perhaps the blank pages problem vanishes once you've done all this
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:10 PM
bjt1t2t3

5 posts · Mar 2009
Problem is fixed... I found an article that listed instructions for upgrading WordPress for Yahoo merchant web hosting accounts. The blank page issue is now resolved, and I was able to keep the Atahualpa theme!

This theme is incredible - thanks for creating this!