Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to justify cat-mnu items over full width?

Old Feb 9, 2011, 03:00 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
L.S.,

I have been searching my bum off in the forum, but I can't find the code to justify cat-bar menu items across the entire header width. I am certain that it must be there, but I am not smart enough to find it. Can anyone point me to the tread?

In the other case - that it was never asked before - I'd like to have the CSS insert to accomplish the above, but somehow I can't really imagine that...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Carlo
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:13 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could perhaps wrap %cats in a div and style it.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:36 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Uhuh... That sounds great, but I'll have to first acquaint myself with this technique and then find out how to do it in ATA. But I will, of course .

In the mean time, I secretly hope that some-one has mercy on me and just gives me the code... I am not lazy, just very busy and sometimes impatient. Thanks for the pointer, now I know where to start looking....
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Also have you tried just using %cat-center instead of %cat
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:29 AM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Jah, it is in the centre. No problem. Everything hunky dory. But I want to have the menu items filled out over the entire breadth of the page without having to chisel anything in stone, so that added items mingle in snugly, so to speak. Have a look: http://www.carlitoergosum.nl
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That's where putting the %cat or %cat-center in a div comes in. For instance if you use
HTML Code:
<div id="mymenu">%cat-center</div>
instead of just %cat-center you can now style the div with code such as
HTML Code:
#mymenu {
background: red;
}
to make the background red for instance. I don't even know what I would use for the code without playing around for awhile which is why I haven't put real specifics in. I would have to replicate your configuration on my test site and play around for a bit but perhaps these ideas can move you in the right direction.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:58 PM
Carlo

42 posts · Jan 2010
Aha, thanks. I am going to try that. I see what you mean. Goody, this is funplay....