Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Logo/Header images just wont appear

Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:59 PM
jedsdesk

4 posts · Aug 2013
Detachment 7
Red face Logo/Header images just wont appear

Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for any help or insights you have to offer! I'm new to Atahualpa and so far really love the looks of it.

I have placed my images in the default locations and tried to get them to appear there, as well as creating an "ata-images" directory under the wp-content directory and changing the default settings from Atahualpa to wp-content and the default under that to ata-images.

Neither place ever shows any header or logo images so I'm stumped at this point. Unfortunately for me I've never worked intimately with css or I'd try to hard-code them right into the site css files. I've used WP for years, and would love to be able to solve this. The ability to display images on your site attracts much more attention IMO. I have yet to be able to get one image to display! I'm not giving up though. I've worked at it around a week or so, and am finally breaking down and asking for help! I'd really like to be able to display pics, logo's, and headers on posts. If I can't figure it out, I'll be forced to try another theme, and I really like Atahualpa and don't want to lose this opportunity to use it. I've seen some outstanding sites using it and they look so awesome!!!

Again, thanks in advance for and insights, advice, or outright solutions!!! You can see the site at http://www.jedsdesk.com

Thanks,
Jed

PS, I've set the permissions correctly, and have pretty much total control of the site to do what I like with it. The images are .png, but could easily be manipulated to .gif or .jpg if I had to!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 03:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) what do you have ato->Header Image->Header Image: Height set to?
2) your logo image (http://www.jedsdesk.com/wp-content/a...es/jedlogo.gif) is not found
- check the spelling
- check the location
- check to permission of both the image(644) and the folder (755) it is in
Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:28 PM
jedsdesk

4 posts · Aug 2013
Detachment 7
Juggledad, thanks for the very fast response! I have been playing with other themes, but I just like the looks of Atahualpa better.

My logo is 1000x164, the image has permissions set to 644, and the folder heirarchy is set to 755.

The logo is here; http://www.jedsdesk.com/wp-content/a...s/jedlogo1.png and also here; http://www.jedsdesk.com/wp-content/a...r/jedlogo1.png

Thanks for the help and am hoping to get this resolved! By the way I suck at css!!!

I would like for the header/logo image to replace the top of the site where it says Jedsdesk Jedsdesk twice, and for the Jedsdesk to not be there...

Last edited by jedsdesk; Aug 23, 2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:42 PM
jedsdesk

4 posts · Aug 2013
Detachment 7
Ok figured it out on my own!!! Any other questions I'll be quick to ask. It is an AWESOME theme!!!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 08:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
So, for the sake of others, what was the issue?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:10 PM
jedsdesk

4 posts · Aug 2013
Detachment 7
Sheesh, I'm almost to embarrassed to say! Going to ATO, Style and EDIT HEADER AREA, then actually typing in the name of the image in the "Show Logo Image" section. Felt really stupid when I stumbled onto it...

Now another question! Post Thumbnails. I don't understand where I put the html code or what it should say, before the 'excerpt'. Short of pasting the image directly into the post while typing the post, I have failed to figure this one out! I would very much like to be able to use the functionality of the Post Thumbnails feature!

Again, thanks for all the help, and I hope my description as to what I did to get the logo in place will help someone!

Jed
Old Dec 18, 2013, 09:07 PM
Ajnira

2 posts · Jan 2011
I had this problem also, once I upgraded to 3.7.13 I could not get the the logo to appear in the header or the flavicon to load even though the files were in the directory, the names were in the theme options style and header area and they all worked fine in my previous version. So i followed the instructions for retaining these images during upgrades: I created the new foldercalled ata-images and a subfolder called header in wp-content and copied the logo and flavicon images into the ata-images and the header images into the header subfolder. I changed the images location to wp-content. Then I saved changes on the Flavicon tab, but I don't see the Flavicon. I've also saved the Add Flavicon option with a blank file name and replaced it without any relolution. I don't know what to do now. My site is www.ajnira.com. I thank you for this beautiful theme. Any help you could suggest would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Ajnira.

Last edited by Ajnira; Dec 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: I made recommended changes and got the logo back up Yay!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 03:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
@Ajnira - I see your favicon (the eye) when I visit your site.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 05:57 AM
Ajnira

2 posts · Jan 2011
OMG !!!! YES you are a genius ! THANKS. When it's 2:00 AM and you've been going crazy making the same changes over and over again for 4 hours, your browser gets confused also! Thank you SO MUCH! Your theme and all the care you put into helping your raging fans are amazing. XO
Old Dec 20, 2013, 01:23 AM
frenchonskype

8 posts · Dec 2013
I upgraded to 3.7.13 and I lost header/ top menu/footer

The footer is a widget

I'm panicked now, in the middle of a Christmas Sale...

What do I have to tweak?

Thank you so very much,
Llyane
Old Dec 20, 2013, 01:26 AM
frenchonskype

8 posts · Dec 2013
Just got my header back by going to Edit Header Area and clicking SAVE