Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Atahualpa - Widget Right Sidebar mistery

Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:23 AM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Lightbulb Atahualpa - Widget Right Sidebar mistery

Hi everybody,
I'm new in this forum, I'm a new wordpress's user

I write here because I habe a little problem with my layout.
I would use Atahualpa 3.3.2 theme. So I install and I haven't problem about.
I'm using WP 2.7 in Italian language.

Now I would add a widget in the right sidebar. This is for me impossible!

I chose Right Sidebar and I click show. It's gone.
Now I would add my widget, so I chose the widget and I click add.

What happen?
When I click add, the Right Sidebar become Left Sidebar and the widget is now in the Left Sidebar.

I have tried different widget but I haven't another template with three columns to try.

Can anyone help me?

Thankyou very much.
Have a great day.
Davide
Old Apr 24, 2009, 12:45 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Hi, Davide.

In Atahaulpa Theme Options/Sidebars, make sure you have both sidebars activated, in the Left and Right Sidebar Display On: areas.

Maybe you have it set to show only the left sidebar?

Let us know if that was not the problem. Also, when you are adding a widget, you have to click on Done and then Save changes too.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 04:18 AM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Paula,

Thankyou very much for your help.
I have setup nothin in sidebar menu so I'm using de default setting.
In default setting both sidebar are showed.
You cas see here www.davideusai.eu.
The right side bar is there and wait only to have some content to show!

I don't know this platform very good but I use logic. I try with you.
If the right side bar was not enable I am not able to view it in the list of possible side bar when I add a widget.
Insted I can chose the right sidebar without problem, I do show and now the page refresh. It show me the widget in the right sidebar now. There are nothing widget.
I add one widget.
The page refresh, the widget is now in sidebar but not right. It is in left side.
I have many problem to understand this reacation.
The page write now: There are one widget in left sidebar. But I have selected the right sidebar.

I go to try again!
Have a great day.
Davide
Old Apr 25, 2009, 04:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Davide,
To add a widget on the right side, from the dashboard
1) select Appearance
2) select widgets
3) on the Widgets page, on the right side under the words 'Current Widgets', select 'Right Sidepar' then press the 'show' button
4) select a widget and press 'Add'
5) on the right side of the screen - under where the widget should now show - press the 'Save Changes' button

Now go look at your website and see if the widget is showing up
Paul
Old Apr 25, 2009, 05:02 AM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Paul,

I have problem between 4 and 5.
I press "Add" and the widget is added but in left sidebar.
The page write that it's showing the left sidebar too.

I find it curious! And you?

I hope to look my website with my widget in the right sidebar

Davide
Old Apr 25, 2009, 06:50 AM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Paul,

Now I have setup to not show right sidebar. I have to resolve this problem and then I show it again.
It isn' nice to read the WP's instruction in the homepage

Davide
Old May 10, 2009, 07:22 AM
davideusai

13 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Paul,
have you read my privat message?
Take care.
Davide
Old May 12, 2009, 10:20 AM
Marge

10 posts · May 2009
I am having exactly the same problem.

My settings:
I have the left side bar deactivated or selected to not show up at all.
When I try to add widgets to the right side bar, both the left and right show up as options. ( might be a clue here that there are more palces I have to go to deactivate the left sb.)
Adding widgets: when I select the right sidebar, select a widget to add, the selection drop down reverts to the left sidebar. For the life of me, I can't work out what the setting are to get this to work.

Also, when I deselected the left side bar, refreshed the page and the whole screen has moved to the left when it was centred before.

Any ideas on this would be great.

Thanks.

Marge
Old May 12, 2009, 10:26 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Hi, Davide, I did reply to your private message. Try again.
Old May 12, 2009, 10:38 AM
Marge

10 posts · May 2009
Paulae

If you found a solution, can you share it here too ? If not shall I pm you?

Thanks.
Old May 12, 2009, 11:20 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Hi, Marge. No, no solution, since I haven't seen the problem behind the scenes. I had offered to login to Davide's site if he wants, to check the admin for any obvious problems. I'm pretty experienced now using WP and Atahualpa, but by no means an expert in PHP coding. PM me if you'd like me to try looking at your site too.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 03:32 PM
myphotographica

1 posts · Sep 2009
I am totally completely lost and am looking for a compass. I don't really get what the crud a widget even is I just want to put a "Follow Me" button in the sidebar (actually I want to put three buttons in total). I even made my own. When I try to add it as a new widget (in the text widget). I get no luck. I don't get what other coding I need to. I've spent over 15 hours with this and would love some help if anyone has a moment. Thank you!
www.myphotographica.com/blog
Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It looks like you got them to work or are you having a issue with them?