Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

[SOLVED] Missing .htaccess file?

Old Mar 9, 2010, 09:14 AM
agallia

16 posts · Feb 2010
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
I recently installed the latest WordPress version on my Yahoo hosted domain/site. It is set as my homepage and all files are in /wp directory. All seems well and runs okay but, using File Manager, I cannot find an .htaccess file anywhere, either in Root directory or /wp directory. Will appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Al
Old Mar 9, 2010, 09:29 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Some hosts don't allow you to see the dot files like .htaccess. You may have to ask tech support to make it visible, or there might be a setting in your control panel that will show it to you. I'd assume it must be there or your site wouldn't be working.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:30 AM
agallia

16 posts · Feb 2010
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Thanks for reply. I checked Yahoo help and they say...
Quote:
"...Yahoo! does not currently allow you to upload .htaccess files to your account. For other customization options, we recommend the Custom Error Pages and password-protection features available in your Web Hosting Control Panel."
Guess that clears up the matter for WordPress on Yahoo sites.