Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Tables Help

Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:08 AM
Flukey

5 posts · Apr 2009
Hello,
i am looking for some advice regarding the use of tables in Atahualpa.

Here is a link to the site at the moment http://propwork.com/hoxton/wordpress/

On the pages About and Contact, i want the text to align with the menu in the left sidebar.

To do this i have used a table with two rows. I have left the top tow blank and set the correct hight to achieve my desired alignment. I suspect that this is a poor way of going about this which is confirmed by the fact that the pages look totally wrong in Safari (i have been using FIREFOX as my main reference)

Really need your help. Can i just do top padding or something? If so how?

p.s: Apologies but the client asked me to remove the WP-credit at the footer. I will be using BFA for all my projects and will include credits in future.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:31 PM
flaneur

10 posts · Oct 2009
Bloomington, IN, USA
In ATO > Style Posts & Pages > Post Container, the default is:
Code:
margin: 0 0 30px 0;
The first 0 is padding from top, so:
Code:
margin: 150px 0 30px 0;
would shift the top of the page 150 pixels down, no tables needed. (The actual amount you need is trial and error.) However, if you are using a static page for the front of the site, that photo you are using now will also shift down.