Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

adding new widget areas?

Old Aug 1, 2009, 08:48 PM
dbweim

1 posts · Aug 2009
is there a limit to the number of additional widget areas that can be added through the theme?

through the theme options, i've successfully added a header widget area, but when i tried to add another for the center column, i lost the header widget area and the widget it contained tried to force itself into the center column widget space. the widget page had only one "blank." could that be what is limiting my additional widget areas?

i'm using 3.41, wordpress 2.8.1, and, among others, section widget 3.0.1 to control what appears where.

thanks for any help.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 04:28 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There should be no limit. It may be related to "Section Widget". Try if it works without that plugin