Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] I'd like to link Home page header images to link to different urls depending

Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:29 PM
grnidone

23 posts · Feb 2011
The first thing I'd like to do is a different header image for each different category. That is solved here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5802 so I won't ask again.

But...on the first page, I'd like each image to be clickable to its own url. As an example:

gruntjewelry.com has three header images:

one for Airforce (This We'll Defend)
one for Army (Aim High)
one for Pararescue (So Others May Live)

This site will sell different items for each branch. When the "Aim High" image on teh home page comes up, I'd like it to be clickable to the "Airforce" section of the site.

When the "Army" image on the home page comes up, I'd like it to be clickable to the "Army" section of the site.

I'm sure this is *really* simple to do, but my coding skills with javascript have remained consistant throughout my life: they still suck.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you searched the forums?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:56 PM
grnidone

23 posts · Feb 2011
Um, yes, but apparently I didn't use the right phrases...*LOL!* I'll give it another go...
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:11 PM
grnidone

23 posts · Feb 2011
Seriously. Am I missing something? All I can find are ways to place links near the header, or ways to get the header to link to ONE page not variable links depending on the image...

*hands up*
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sorry, there is a post 'HOWTO: Set different header images clickable (linked) to a different location' but it is the Gold forums tutorials which is available to members who have donated $20 or more.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:40 PM
grnidone

23 posts · Feb 2011
Just a note: I didn't even realize you could donate to these forums...(OK, I see it now in the header) but it sort of faces into the background.

Please consider a large-ish paypal button.

Thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:47 PM
grnidone

23 posts · Feb 2011
And crumb bum...I was hoping to keep the front page header image rotating...In fact, I only want the "clickable-ness" to happen on the home page as the header images are rotating.

*thinks* There *has* to be a way to do this...can you tell me where the javascript is? Maybe I can hack on it and come up with a solution.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:53 PM
grnidone

23 posts · Feb 2011
*sighs*

I just needed to read further to get the solution...Sorry about that...HAHA!