Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Show Sidebar on only a few pages???

Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:32 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
I would like to show the right sidebar on only a few pages. I could use the "Don't display on pages", but since I am always adding pages to the site, this could become very cumbersome.

I saw that there was something for "Tag Pages" but I am not sure what this is. Is there a way to put either the page numbers or url somewhere so that the right sidebar shows up only on 1 or 2 pages (the sidebar would not show up anywhere else on the site).

I am running WordPress 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.4. The site is eponaracingstable.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Roseann
GlobalNerds.com
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you search the forums, somewhere is a post I did explaining how to change the EXCLUDE to an INCLUDE sidebar on pages xxx, yyy,zzz
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:57 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wow! Thanks for the quick response!

However the only post that was similar was this one:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...+sidebar+pages

But it doesn't really answer my question.

On the ATO>Style and Configure Sidebar

There is an option for the right/left sidebar to appear on certain types of pages (i.e. Homepage, "Page" pages, etc.), then below that is a place to put page numbers that you DON'T want the sidebar to appear. What I am looking for is the opposite. I only want the sidebar to appear on only a few pages. Meaning whatever widgets that are in the sidebar should only appear on, for example, pages 6 and 10 and no others. Since I am always adding pages to the site, I would have to keep adding those new pages to the "Don't display on Pages" area - which can be cumbersome and easy to forget.

I am using the flexi-pages widget to show pages (that are hidden in the header menu) only when two pages on my site are shown.

Thanks!!!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
See http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...nclude+sidebar
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:38 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
Again, wow! Quick reply!

Unfortunately, I cannot see that link. When I click on it I get the following:

globalnerds, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:51 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
I did a search on "Include+sidebar" in the BFA forums and didn't find anything that really fit. I am using the plugin Widget Logic so that the widgets that I want on the pages where I want the sidebar to appear only appear on those pages. However, this didn't really accomplish my goal.

What I want is the sidebar (an any widgets I want) to appear only on certain pages - on the remaining pages - no sidebar at all. So for example, a right sidebar would appear on page numbers 6,8 and 10 ALL of the remaining pages would not contain a sidebar at all.

I am really looking to do the opposite of Don't display on Pages - what I really need is "ONLY display on pages" in the ATO>style & configure sidebars.

Is there a piece of code that I can change so that instead of dont display change it to only display. I assume this is a piece of sql code that I might be able to tweak correct (I am also an Oracle and SQL Server DBA).

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 02:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That post is in the gold forums tutorials section
Old Jul 15, 2010, 08:10 AM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
I have donated money in the past, I think it was $5, not sure. Can I donate another $20 to get into the gold forums?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 07:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You should have access now
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:50 AM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Hi Juggledad- I'm trying to do the same thing here- have a sidebar appear on only a certain page. I visited the link above, but I am confused about exactly what I need to do/change and where. I'm not IT savvy, but can follow instructions!

Also, if I am using the the RIGHT sidebar on the home/front page, but not elsewhere, and I want a different sidebar (unique) on another page, can I use the RIGHT INNER sidebar and have it be hugging the right border of the page (similar to the regular RIGHT sidebar on the homepage)? Here's my site: www.timothychambers.com. I want to add a right sidebar to the Instruction pages.

Thx!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
instead of using two sidebars, why not use 'widget logic' so you can specify what pages to show - or not show - a widget
Old Apr 15, 2011, 07:01 AM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
I'm open to anything that gives me more latitude. I'd love to figure out a way to have a bunch of linked images laid out in a nice grid pattern on ONE page (not all) as kind of a launching page for options (e.g. an "Art Instruction" page w image buttons pointing to "Instruction-Painting" and "Instruction-Drawing" , "Instruction-Workshops" etc....

So, what are you talking about? I wanna learn!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You said you wanted the right sidebar on some pages and the right inner on others. Let's say you put widget A,B, and M in the right sidebar and widgets C, X and Y on the right inner sidebar.

With the 'Widget Logic' plugin, you put all the widgets (A,B,C,M.X and Y) in the right sidebar and don't use the right inner sidebar. Then, in the 'widget logic' area of the widget in the sidebar, you tell widget A, B and M to only display on page 13 and you tell widgets C, X and Y to only display on page 24
Old Apr 16, 2011, 05:44 PM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
Hey thanks- I downloaded the plugin and will test it out. Thanks for the very quick help! Will be donating soon to your account.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 04:45 AM
toniko79

13 posts · Jun 2011
Hello. I got the same problem. Want to include special pages in the sidebar options. Just made the donation. Thanks for that great support.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 04:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Want to include special pages in the sidebar options.
what do you mean by this, do you want to have a menu of certain pages??
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:24 AM
toniko79

13 posts · Jun 2011
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...nclude+sidebar

...thats exactly what I want to do. But I donīt understand it exactly.

I have lots of pages, about 50. The right sidebar should appear on only on few of them.

Where do I have to put the code and what code. And then... where do I make the settings to make the sidebar appear on chosen pages.

Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
two ways of doing it -
1) list all the page IDs you don't want it showing on in the 'RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Pages:' option
2) follow the directions in the thread pointed at in post #4 of this thread