Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

centering page

Old Feb 1, 2010, 01:06 AM
aveeshkumar

1 posts · Feb 2010
Hello everyone,

This is a great theme - I am a PHP developer but a challenged HTML/CSS designer.

WP ver 2.9.1 , theme ver 3.4.4

I was looking to "center" the theme's output so that on diff browsers/viewports it appears not "left aligned"

I tried the following in theme options for Body/Layout (am using fluid width of 99%)
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
text-align:center;

but to no avail.

margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
width: 900px;

WORKED - adding the width parameter in (in px or em) centered the page

I did this is Body style (and also in Layout options for good measure)

Will appreciate some more enlightenment and the correct way

Thanks

Aveesh

Before posting, I did look on the forums and search for centering always lead to center column posts....

Last edited by aveeshkumar; Feb 1, 2010 at 11:39 PM.