Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Background Image AND Background Color - is it possible?

Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:48 AM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi guys!

I have a background image for a client's site that is really just an image at the top and then the rest of it down the page is a solid color.

The client's demo site is:

http://www.bestbiztips.com/dankhanna

Instead of making one very long image, is it possible to have the background image at the top and then background color for the rest?

If so, how do I code it? I've tried a couple of variations to no avail.

Thanks!

KIP
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:09 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In the Body Style box under Body, Text & Links just put
HTML Code:
background: #E4E2D6 url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/image-name.png) no-repeat top left;
where the color is the background color you want. You will have to determine the positioning attributes for the image of course. This example just uses no-repeat top left which means the image will only be show once in the top left corner. Not sure how much you know about CSS so I'm sorry if I'm adding info you don't need.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 04:19 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Well, dang! Thanks! This was the one combination I didn't consider.

Thanks bunches!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:51 AM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi again, Larry -

Well, I tried this code but the background image is not showing. Am I missing something?

background: #f1ede4 url(http://www.bestbiztips.com/frederick.../images/bg.jpg) no-repeat fixed center top;

(And I have discovered the background image (on my background image-only sites) shows when I put in the full URL to the image.)

Thanks!

KIP
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:52 AM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
NEVER MIND! Blonde moment.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 09:42 AM
samalama13

2 posts · Feb 2010
Don't forget to kill the existing - background: #eeeeee; in the AtA Theme Options Body Style CSS or you'll never see your background image