Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Make the category menu bar link to pages

Old May 31, 2010, 05:27 PM
F.Krueger

4 posts · May 2010
Hello!

First of all many many many thanks for a truly great theme!

I've searched the forum but haven't really found a post with instructions of how to make the Category Menu Bar items link to my Pages instead of my Categories. Basically what I want is to have the Pages Menu Bars look, feel and be positioned where the Category Menu Bar is

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you in advance!
/Freddy
Old May 31, 2010, 06:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
read the documentation at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area

Last edited by juggledad; May 31, 2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 03:51 AM
F.Krueger

4 posts · May 2010
Thank you very much for your prompt reply! Call me stupid but I can't seem to figure it out, with other themes I've been able to inlcude pages in the category menu. I presume I'm approaching it the wrong way but it's either that or making %pages look like %cats I've been looking for. Even if I change the colors of the page menu it still doesn't have the same look as the category menu.

Hope I'm not being a nuisance!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you have a page menubar and a category menu bar. Pages go in teh page menu bar and categories go in the category menubar. If you want to mix them, you will have to do some coding changes. I beleive there is a thread about doing this. Or you can wait for WP 3.0 (and an Atahualpa version that supports it) where you can create your own menus and mix pages and categories.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 09:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Or if you just want the two bars to look the same adjust the setting in ATO>Page Menu Bar and ATO>Category Menu Bar
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:23 AM
F.Krueger

4 posts · May 2010
Thanks again, to the both of you!
@lmilesw - that's what I've done now, but the actual shape of the Page Meny Bar items (they're designed to be on top of something, i.e the header image) aren't the same as the Category Menu Bar items so it won't really achieve the same thing.

I'll see if I can fiddle with the codes!

Thanks again though!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:33 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Look in CSS Inserts for

/* round corners for page menu bar items */

You can modify the code there to take out the round corners.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:55 AM
F.Krueger

4 posts · May 2010
Wow what a quick reply! Thanks!

I found a very quick solution for this though, which actually replaces the category items in the bar with the page items.

In bfa_header_config.php find:
Code:
	// Create menu list
	echo bfa_hor_cats($bfa_ata['sorting_cat_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['order_cat_menu_bar'], 
	$bfa_ata['levels_cat_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['titles_cat_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['exclude_cat_menu_bar']);
replace with:
Code:
	// Create menu list
	echo bfa_hor_pages($bfa_ata['sorting_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['order_page_menu_bar'], 
	$bfa_ata['levels_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['titles_page_menu_bar'], $bfa_ata['exclude_page_menu_bar']);
It seems to work fine! I presume if you want changes done to them you'll have to go through the Category Menu Bar options to change them - but that's no problemo for me.

Thanks for all of your assistance!