Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

footer float and side menu sub-pages colours

Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:37 PM
Flukey

5 posts · Apr 2009
Hi

I have a few questions to polish up the site I am building for an NGO..WP first timer loving the theme and forum.

1) Can I change the floating function of the footer, so it floats if the page content is longer than one page view, but stays at the bottom of the browser if there is only minimal page content?

2) Is there an easy way to float the search box in the top right corner of the image header? (been looking but can't find)

3)After some hours of forum browsing I have almost got my side menu using flexipages how I want it. However I would like to introduce different backgound colours for different menu levels. I have tried using this code

div#flexipages-406262383 ul li {
font-family: century gothic ;
letter-spacing: 1px;
font-size: 20px;
font-weight: 700;
color: #ffffff;
background: #D2503E;
border-top: solid 2px #ffffff;
}

div#flexipages-406262383 ul li ul {
font-size: 16px;
font-weight: 700;
color: #ffffff;
background: #ffffff;
border-top: solid 2px #ffffff;
}

and changing the background on the 'ul li ul' but the top level colour always shows on-top...so I tried using z-index values to put one ontop of the other and that didn't work either.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

F
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:46 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Put the styling on the <A> because sub <LI> will always be enclosed by their parent <LI>'s and if there's margin or padding somewhere then the colors of the parent <LI> will enclose the sub <LI>'s

... ul li a:link,
... ul li a:visited,
... ul li a:active,
... ul li a:hover {
}
... ul li ul li a:link,
... ul li ul li a:visited,
... ul li ul li a:active,
... ul li ul li a:hover {
}