Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Google webmasters errors

Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:57 AM
maralian

18 posts · Nov 2011
[SOLVED] Google webmasters errors

Hello and thanks again for this great theme.

In Google webmaster tools under > search appearance > structured data, I'm getting some errors. I have 15 pages showing this: Missing: author Missing: entry-title Missing: updated.

I googled this problem and all the solutions I found suggested that I should change some code in single.php file or in index.php file...

Nothing worked for me...

Can somone help me solve this problem?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:43 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't think this is a big deal but I did find this plugin that is advertised as "fixing the problem" but I HAVE NOT TESTED.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 01:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
here is a quick fix. Edit Functions and just before the last line -which should be
HTML Code:
?>
add the following
HTML Code:
/**
* Remove hentry from post_class
*/
function isa_remove_hentry_class( $classes ) {
    $classes = array_diff( $classes, array( 'hentry' ) );
    return $classes;
}
add_filter( 'post_class', 'isa_remove_hentry_class' );
this will get rid of the henry class and google shouldn't complain.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 07:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
And if you don't want to edit the functions.php file you could use the "Code Snippets" plugin. This will eliminate the need to redo the edit if you update your theme.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:37 AM
maralian

18 posts · Nov 2011
Sorry for the delayed reply...

juggledad's code gradually fixed the problem. I inserted the code on October 23rd and on November 9th there were no errors... Thanks a lot...!