Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Styling posts page different from page pages

Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:24 PM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
Styling posts page different from page pages

I tried a couple of solutions I saw in here but none are working and I'm sure I'm missing the answer in here somewhere... I just want a different background color for my posts page. http://schoolhouseartgallery.com/events is the posts page, but if you look through the other pages of the site, you'll see that I want the blog to have the same background as the right sidebars...
This was my last attempt in the CSS inserts:

body.page-id-9 td#middle {
background: #c6c2be;
}

with no luck.

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Since it is the blog page the selector for that would be body.blog but that is not going to do all this for you. You will have to use CSS for the the various divs you want to affect.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:35 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
So, what would those divs be? I mean, I'm assuming they are the same as all the options in "style pages and posts" but what would the path be for the CSS inserts to affect the background color of all divs on the body.blog so I can the look I'm going for? This would be an awesome option for future versions!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) If you are using the 'background' rule, you must provide ALL the options. If you just want to effect the color use 'background-color' instead.
2) using
HTML Code:
background-color: #c6c2be;
}
will cause the middle to be that color, however this is like the russian doll, there are more parts. The page also the post styling (since a page is just a special type of post) so
HTML Code:
div.post, div.page {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #000000;
    display: block;
    margin-top: 0;
    padding: 0 20px 5px 0;
}
this code also needs to be overriden
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:00 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
OK, I just want to affect the background color. I tried this:

background-color: #c6c2be;
}

and it didn't change anything anywhere. How do I override this code:

div.post, div.page {
display: block;
margin-top: 0;
padding: 0 20px 5px 0;
}
to change just the background color of the entire blog page?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:02 AM
pmac

91 posts · Nov 2010
I do have this in my inserts:

td#middle {
}

Is that why I can't override with:

td#middle {
}

?