Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Can Atahualpa be used to look like this site?

Old Aug 28, 2009, 07:55 AM
brianlees

16 posts · Aug 2009
I'm thinking about taking our corporate website and bringing it inhouse. It was just redesigned last fall in Cold Fusion. However, I do not have access to the code and can only make minor page edits. Can Atahualpa be used to make the site look like this (with obviously other Wordpress plugins)

http://www.onsiteneonatal.com/

Curious to see others opinions.

Brian
Old Aug 28, 2009, 09:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Exactly, probally not, close probally yes
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:14 AM
brianlees

16 posts · Aug 2009
I think the part I'm having the most trouble envisioning is the two nav bars in the header. The very top one is just text...not too hard. The major section one under that seems a bit harder. It is a combination of three graphics for each. The section title is two graphics (one a roll-over) and then there is the description underneath that.

I think the content section looks pretty straightforward, except for the full-width section header with the pic of the baby, which is different for each section. Of course, there is also a bottom nav, but I would tackle that last. I think my major problem is that header.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd look at this as a splash page and then the rest of the site.

The three big links - 'For Hospital', 'For Neonatologists' and 'For Parents' - would all be category with a separate page for each menu item under it

you can set up graphics on a per page basis (search the forums for this)
you can add wwidgets into the header area also
Old Aug 30, 2009, 06:37 AM
brianlees

16 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks. I'm also thinking ThemeFrame might work better now that I see what they are working on. I might wait since I'm in no rush.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 04:21 PM
brianlees

16 posts · Aug 2009
I think I will contribute before the Oct 25 deadline for Themeframe access. However, I have a few questions to see if WP can actually power this site.

1. I'm not too worried about the homepage of the site, since it says that Themeframe has multiple page templates. I assume I am applying this correctly?

2. On a page like this (http://www.onsiteneonatal.com/go/hospitals), how can WP show only the sub-pages under that main "Hospital" page on the left side like the current site displays?

3. Any thoughts on how the callouts on the right side would be done in WP and Themeframe? Is that a plugin I would need?

I think that is it for now. Most everything else I can already envision how to do. For example, the ContactForm 7 plugin for the forms, etc. Heck, I can even manually create the sitemap if need be. (http://www.onsiteneonatal.com/index....ontent.sitemap)

Basically, I want to get away from our web developer and the closed system that they are using and be able to edit it myself. I have nothing against Cold Fusion (I used to code in CF several years ago). But, the developer has closed everything off so we have limited ability to edit the site. I hate not having total control over something we paid for!

Thanks,

Brian
Old Oct 19, 2009, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I've only played with a early version of themeframe, just to see if I could break it (I'm good at that) and haven't actually created anything that was usable, so that will have to wait till Flynn gets back

As to the subpages, check out the 'list sub-pages' plugin
http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/...for-wordpress/
you could always have a text widget with teh code and thenn the exec-php plugin