Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

This theme is causing a "Server Error" for me...

Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:50 AM
jjguitar

9 posts · Jan 2010
About a week ago, my site stopped working...when visiting it in Chrome, it would give an error 500 message saying there was a server error. Through phpMyAdmin, I was able to change the theme to a different one to get me going again. I updated Atahualpa to the latest (3.7.3) and re-enabled it, and all was good...

...Until yesterday, when it happened again. So now I'm kind of at a loss...activating Atahualpa will cause my site to go down again. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
So it was working and suddenly it stopped. If you didn't change anything, what changes did your host make last week?

Things don't just 'stop' working, something changed.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:26 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The fact that you able to "get going again" was probably coincidence. If you had just waited the site may have come back on its own. One of my clients called me the other day to say their site was down. We waited awhile and it came back. I did call the host, who is one I frequently see issues with, and they said there "may" be a load problem.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:13 AM
Astriker

4 posts · Jul 2011
I do think this is more then just a website host issue. I have free internet monitoring on my site and over the weekend I was receiving alerts of the same thing.

I went to my site and it loaded, so I thought problem solved, but then the center of the theme loaded blank. I have not changed the code and was on the latest version. I then deactivated all plugins, still did not work. I then reset the settings in the theme, did not work.

I tried the default WP theme and it opened fine. On an off chance, I tried version 3.6.7 and it opened with no problem. Some adjusting I have to do. All plugins activated again, and still no problem.

This happened to me before with the version newer then 3.6.7 and now I remember why I reverted back to the old one last time.

It's quite annoying to have it happen and I don't see a solution for it with the latest version.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:33 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
  • What host are you using?
  • Did you recently add a post?
  • What do you mean by "latest version"?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
Astriker

4 posts · Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
  • What host are you using?
  • Did you recently add a post?
  • What do you mean by "latest version"?
I use ipower.com , able to access the wp-admin with no problem, page loads but the new theme does not work.

I added a post on Jan 7, and it quit working around the 14th. I have added one today to check on, should anyone try to see it on my site.

Latest Version- of Atahualpa .

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Also how about a link to the site?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:57 PM
Astriker

4 posts · Jul 2011
That would help - www.astriker.com . I will change the theme to the most recent theme version since it's evening hours now.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Could you do an export of your theme settings and attach to a reply?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:49 PM
Astriker

4 posts · Jul 2011
Settings in txt via the export built in, attached.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-astrikercom-20120119.txt (13.9 KB, 1282 views)
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I am at a loss. I would suspect either a plugin is to blame or some code in a post but you said you tried viewing with all plugins deactivated and had added nothing to the site. That is why I thought is perhaps could be a host issue. Maybe not enough memory allotment from your host.

Perhaps someone else has some thoughts.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try disabling the wordpress stats plugin. The reason I say this is that the last thing showing on the page, after the < td id="middle" > is the script for the wordpress stats.