Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Separate folder-installations not equal to separate configurations?

Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:51 PM
Jaguwar

16 posts · Apr 2009
Athens, GA
Ok, in the old days, you could have Atahualpa installed in separate folders (in my case, I had folders named "Atahualpa-jeans", Atahualpa-kitchen", "Atahualpa-books" etc) and customize each one to have a different look. Once you did that, using a plugin like GYS-Themed Categories, you could literally give a different look to your site, based on the category.

For instance, most of my posts had a blue-jean theme, but things under the category "from-the-kitchen" (where I discussed recipes we'd tried) had a different look, while still using Atahualpa as the theme.

Am I to understand that is no longer possible without some serious coding? Is Atahualpa using the same tables, no matter what folder you install it in? Because I just upgraded my main site, and everything matched a previous upgrade made for a new category.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How did you customize those differently? What version of Atahualpa are you talking about? In the current version all the style setting are in the database so changing to a different instance of the theme should make no difference unless you modified the theme files themselves which is no recommended.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:47 AM
Jaguwar

16 posts · Apr 2009
Athens, GA
This was back in the 3.3.X days. You could customize just the way you're supposed to, using the "Atahualpa Theme Options" interface. But each instance had it's own references in the database, I guess, because it worked like a charm.

*sigh* I knew I didn't want to upgrade, but the new version was so nice to use, I couldn't resist upgrading not one but two of my instances, and ruined everything in the process.

Thanks for replying so fast, had I known I'd have stuck around, maybe we could have found a solution last night.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 07:11 AM
Jaguwar

16 posts · Apr 2009
Athens, GA
Um... never mind. I just looked in the database, and realized I had made some small modifications, giving key elements a different name (bafjeans_ata_.. for instance, instead of bfa_ata_...)

Maybe all isn't lost yet!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 09:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
note as of 3.4.7 all the theme options are stored in one db row named 'bfa_ata4'
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:43 AM
Jaguwar

16 posts · Apr 2009
Athens, GA
So I discovered: another sub-theme (so to speak) is also messed up because it was a 3.4 version. *sigh* I'm so screwed!
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:49 AM
Jaguwar

16 posts · Apr 2009
Athens, GA
Ummm... is that a clue? I think it might be! thanks!