Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Category Menu Bar: Subcategory Indicator Arrows

Old Feb 28, 2009, 06:33 AM
MatthiasHeil

23 posts · Jan 2009
Künzell, Germany
Send a message via ICQ to MatthiasHeil Send a message via Skype™ to MatthiasHeil
May I ask if it is possible to have a third option for the Category Menu Bar subcategory indicator arrows:

3. none

(already there: 1. white, 2. black)

I've tricked them into half-disappearance through color-effects and added HTML-Spaces on my site, though...-)

Ideally (and loyal to Atahualpa's "anything goes" approach) alternative characters could be configurable in admin, but this is probably asking too much (again)...-)
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:04 AM
dorigen

5 posts · Feb 2009
I just asked this question the other day. Go into the actual code and search for the arrows image (i forget what it's called but if you look in the theme images you will figure it out). Once you find where they occur (they are set as a background image), remove them as the background image.

After that, insert the code as instructed in this post

That will take away the extra space that was allocated for the arrows.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:09 PM
MatthiasHeil

23 posts · Jan 2009
Künzell, Germany
Send a message via ICQ to MatthiasHeil Send a message via Skype™ to MatthiasHeil
"Go into the actual code" does not sound good in terms up the upgradable concept of Atahualpa... maybe Flynn will/wants to/can think of something more permanent?-)
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:03 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I might add that in a later version but too many other to-do things have piled up. You can add a CSS Insert

HTML Code:
 div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a 
    {
    background-image: none;
    padding-right: 5px;
    }

div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a
    {
    padding-left: 5px;    /* reset padding */
    }
Old Mar 3, 2009, 02:23 PM
MatthiasHeil

23 posts · Jan 2009
Künzell, Germany
Oh, that's cool... never harms to know your share of CSS...-)
Old Mar 30, 2010, 03:14 PM
RTC

4 posts · Feb 2010
Hi,

as well stuck with the same issue: Category Menu Bar subcategory indicator arrows
I don't want no arrows and no extra space.

Where exactly do I insert the html code (from post Mar 2, 2009, 11:03 AM Flynn) "I might add that in a later version but too many other to-do things have piled up. You can add a CSS Insert"

Tried several options but due to my non-knowledge I did not get any result.

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you try adding the CSS to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 03:44 PM
RTC

4 posts · Feb 2010
Yes, reads like this right now on my page (ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts):

div#menu1 {
padding-left: 200px;
}

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a
{
}

div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a
{
padding-left: 5px; /* reset padding */
}

Result: the arrows disappear, but the extra blank space still exists.

Cheers
Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you try adjusting ATO->Category Menu Bar->Width of Sub Menus ??
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:34 AM
Annaf

5 posts · Dec 2010
Hi

I have the exact same problem.
I want to remove the arrows from my menu, tryed to add the code above to insert css
but nothing happend.
Shuld i do anything beside adding this code to the insert css?

Anna
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
recheck the code you entered, I just retested it (the code from post 8) and it worked as expected.
without knowing your URL there is no way to help you.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:01 PM
JosieM

3 posts · Jan 2011
South West UK
Hello,

I've just tried adding the above CSS insert - copied and pasted, very carefully - but nothing happened either.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.3., Wordpress 3.0.4, and the URL I'm working on is:

http://www.spiritteacher.co.uk/

Thanks
Josie
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I don't see that code in your page. did you add it to the css inserts?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:26 AM
JosieM

3 posts · Jan 2011
South West UK
I did add it to start with, but because it didn't do anything, I took it out again. Doh!! Will put it back.

*Edit*. I solved it. I realized that the code was referring to menu1, which is the page menu. However, I'm using the category menu, which is menu 2. So I just changed the menu1 references to menu2. Bingo, works perfectly.

Hopefully my error, realized and corrected, will help others with this! Thanks for your patience.

Josie :-)

Last edited by JosieM; Jan 13, 2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:42 AM
JosieM

3 posts · Jan 2011
South West UK
and, here is the code. As mentioned, I'm on Wordpress 3.0.4 and Ata 3.5.3 at the time of writing this. I went into Atahualpa Theme Options >> Various Content Items near bottom of list of options >> Add HTML / CSS Inserts. In the bottom box, CSS Inserts, I pasted the following code right at the end - it doesn't seem to matter where it's placed, so long as it's there?

nb: this is for menu2, the category menu. If it were menu1, the page menu, then Flynn's code in post 4 of this thread would be applicable.

div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a
{
}

div#menu2 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a
{
padding-left: 5px; /* reset padding */
}