Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

NEWER / OLDER orientation - arrows in wron direction

Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:48 PM
dave925

7 posts · Feb 2009
I would like to have my Newer link navigation on the right side, and the older on the left, however when I make this update, the little arrows (<< and >>) end up facing the wrong direction. They seem to stick with the default navigation option instead of changing with the text links!

Is this an easy manual fix I can make? If so, which file?

Is this fixed in the most recent release of the theme, which I will upgrade to soon anyways?

My blog is http://MedellinLiving.com

Thanks!

Last edited by dave925; Apr 6, 2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added blog link
Old Apr 6, 2009, 08:12 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Are you sure this changed in the last theme version? Also, this can be set at Theme Options -> Next/Previous Navigation
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:45 AM
dave925

7 posts · Feb 2009
I do not know if it has changed as I have only used the one version of the theme so far.

I know I can switch the text from left to right and back at at Theme Options -> Next/Previous Navigation but that is not my concern. The concern is when I make the change from the default, the arrows "<<" and ">>" no longer point in the appropriate direction.

For example, check out this permalink:
http://medellinliving.com/a-friday-n...ia-university/

For the older link on the left (Semana Santa in Medellin), the arrows >> should be on the left side of the link pointing to the left. For the newer link on the right (Meeting Jacob), the arrows should be on the right side of the link pointing to the right.

Does this help??
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:28 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can change the arrows too

Replace &laquo; with &raquo; or the other way around
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:55 AM
dave925

7 posts · Feb 2009
Got it - now I see all the extra customization options available for this change. Thanks!