Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page Menu floats under a youtube video

Old Jun 22, 2009, 04:34 AM
Uddhava

14 posts · Jun 2009
amsterdam
Thank you Flynn and Juggledad. You have made my day to respond so nicely and timely to the problem. Although it is not solved in a easy way at least the workarounds works. Thank you. I still have to try out Flyn's suggestions though.

But i must also say that this behavior of the youtube video is the first time i experienced it. I have other sites running with menu's and the menu floats above the youtube. I dont know about youtube's intentions of wanting to be ontop.
I think the menu in the atahualpa template is fairly complex with so many variables, that somehow or other some settings might not be interpreted the way it reasonably should.
What to do.. The CSS world is littered with broken rules/regulations/platforms/browsers. sigh...

Thanks for the good work.

P.S is there a snail mail address available to send something to you?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 04:56 AM
Uddhava

14 posts · Jun 2009
amsterdam
I tried to add the code to the file with the WP editor, but i get this strange error :
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM

I added the code direclty to the functions file with my html editor and that seems to work.
After uploading i checked the floating and it works as it should. I am guessing that this functions runs through the content and replaces the embedding code? So with lots of videos on a page this will impact the performance ?

way to go!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you just did a copy/past from the post, it's possible that you copied some 'invisiable' characters and they are causing the problem. Edit the code and change everywhere it sllos line there is a space character, delete it and put in a space. See if that helps.

You can donate to Flynn or myself by pressing the 'Click here to DONATE at the top of th screen.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:50 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Sorry I had an error in that code in #post 25, it is fixed now
Old Oct 8, 2009, 01:48 PM
escodsm

3 posts · Oct 2009
I am having this issue as well. I am new to WordPress and I was getting it, until this flash problem crept up on me. I am familiar with the WMODE TRANSPARENT parameter, and I copy/pasted Flynn's code into my "functions.php" page.

But the submenu still is behind the flash:
http://www.mysolarwindhome.info
Under "information" there are four links. The Flash slideshow stays on top, if I try "Transparent", or Flynn's code, the flash movie disappears completely.

I have spent 6 hours on this and it's killing me.

Thanks in adv.

Steve

Last edited by escodsm; Oct 8, 2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The flash shows up behind the menudrop down when I look at it - what browser - I viewed it with safari on a mac
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:19 AM
escodsm

3 posts · Oct 2009
FF on Vista PC. Also tested in IE7 and 8 on same PC. Drop down will NOT appear over the flash.
I have tried everything I could think of. When I set the WMODE to Transparent the flash element disappears altogether.

Since this flash is actually a WP plugin, and it's a 'post' maybe that will be the key to solving this. I know it is done with WP I have seen other sites.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Wow this is interesting, on the mac with Firefox 3.5.3 it works fine, but on XP with Firefox 3.5.3 it doesn't .

If you go to the information page, is the complete submenu showing?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:55 AM
escodsm

3 posts · Oct 2009
Yes it shows, on all pages except the home page which has the flash gallery.

The flash gallery lives in a Wordpress post on the home page. When I change the WMODE the flash gallery disappears. Is there a way to make the post.php or whatever, a lower z-index?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:02 PM
justinmeese

1 posts · Jan 2010
I tried copying your suggestion into the functions.php file, but couldn't get it to work. Should I be copying everything you have in that window? and does it matter where I paste it into the functions.php file? I am new to php, but I am trying to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
You can put this at the bottom of functions.php, without causing blank lines. It should add the code to all flash inside post or page content

PHP Code:
<?php 
add_filter
('the_content''add_opaque_to_all_flash');

function 
add_opaque_to_all_flash($string) {

$string str_ireplace('<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash"''<param name="wmode" value="opaque"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="opaque"'$string);
    return 
$string;
}
?>