Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Changing the style of the post's body text and other font issues.

Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:08 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
**I'm sorry if this appears twice. I posted it some time back before the forum went to a new server and on checking, I was unable to find it**

I would like to be able to control the formatting of the text that appears in the Post's body.

I can change it's color via the Body Box field under the Post/Page Styling tab but I can't control the space after each paragraph.

By adding the following in the CSS inserts, I have been able to control the heads in my blog. For example, for Head 3 I have the following:

h3 {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif;
font-size: 25px;
font-style: italic;
font-weight: normal;
text-align: left;
margin-top: 25px;
margin-bottom: -4px;
line-height: 100%;
color: #0066cc;
}

I inspected the element in the browser and it shows that its div class="post-bodycopy clearfix" so I thought I would add the following to the CSS inserts:

p.post-bodycopy clearfix {
font-family: Times New Roman", Georgia, Times, Serif;
color: #680311;
font-size: 16px;
line-height: 125%;
margin-bottom: 24px;
}

I exaggerated the margin-bottom value to see if it works but I can't seem to control the space below each paragraph.

Where should I enter the 'styles' so that I have full control of the text that appears in the posts?

Also, when I am in the editor, I select a word and change its color to red, for example. But this change of colour does not appear in the post. What am I doing that's wrong?

Thanking you in anticipation.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:20 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Use

div.post-bodycopy {
}

or if you wanted to target <P> paragraphs inside post-bodycopy

div.post-bodycopy p {
}

clearfix is a second, additional class that is being applied to the same element. When you list 2 classes in a row like this

.class1 .class2 {
}

... then it'll mean "a class2 inside a class1" and not "an element with these 2 classes"

P.S.: And besides that, "clearfix" is an auxiliary class to fix browser issues with 2 or more floating divs inside another div. clearfix shouldn't be "styled" or edited at all.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:26 PM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
Thanks Flynn. I'll give that a try.

You know how I asked why changing the colour of my text was not working? I found the answer.

I have been using Safari 4 Public beta and the damn thing doesn't work. I would select a word, make it red for example and it would not change. Have gone to Firefox now.

Perhaps you can make a sticky advising people of this?

Cheers and thanks again.