Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Comment are overlapping eachother in internet explorer.

Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:01 PM
danielphenry

5 posts · Jul 2009
Unhappy [SOLVED] Comment are overlapping eachother in internet explorer.

I have been using the theme for a little while now and have enjoyed it except for one error that I can't seem to fix. The comments to a post overlap eachother. It only happens in Internet explorer, firefox doesn't have the error. I'm sure its some missing html tag or something but I'm not real experienced in html or css. Anybody have any ideas?

http://www.nickfarone.com/2009/11/pr...etter-october/
Old Nov 6, 2009, 05:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What release of Atahualpa and WP?
if not on Atahualpa 3.4.4 please upgrade and see if the problem still exists.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:30 AM
danielphenry

5 posts · Jul 2009
I just updated form 4.1 to 4.4 the issue is still present. I am using wordpress 2.8.5.

Last edited by danielphenry; Nov 6, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 01:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I would view a page then look at the generated code
save the code to a file and open it in a browser
then start editing and removing things till you find out what is causing it

If you want to hire me to dig into this, I'd be happy to do it for you. Send me a PM
Old Nov 6, 2009, 02:25 PM
danielphenry

5 posts · Jul 2009
so when I said it might be missing an html tag I was being kind. their is an issue with the theme classes that is causing the problem if I use the comment html only there are no issues. the theme is broken in this area. I thought this forum was for questions about the theme not a place to advertise your web design company.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 03:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
First off, I don't have a web design company, I'm jst a moderator on this forum. I've just offered to dig into this for you since I don't believe it is a theme issue and stated you lack experience.

I've got several posts with comments and do not experience the problem in IE, there for I suspect it is some setting you have entered or some plugin you are using, not a problem with the theme.

You asked for idea's and I've given you some. I've even given you directions to figure ut what might be happening. It is your choice what to do, but if you don't want my help, a simple 'No thank you' is all that is needed. If you wish, I will be happy to ignore any of your posts.