Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Image Border goes a tad to low

Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:07 PM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
Hi All-
I'm trying to do a drop shadow around the whole site and used the following code in HTML/CSS Inserts:
Code:
div#container {
padding-left: 12px;
padding-right: 14px;
background: url('<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/images/dropBorderSides6.png');
}
And then I put a background image aligned to the bottom in the footer like this:
Code:
background: url(/premierpedsbh/wp-content/themes/atahualpa364/images/bottomBorder4.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:left bottom;
Problem is, the sides extend 10px or so too low - how do I control how far down the side border will continue?
Here's the link so you can see:
http://www.willworkforfilm.com/premierpedsbh/

It just doesn't quite match up. THANKS!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why not make the image 1px high and repeat it? You have it set at 65px high so even if it only needs 1 more px, it will show another 65.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:21 PM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
Thanks! I tried that, but it's still going over a little bit.

I added this:
Code:
div#container {
padding-left: 12px;
padding-right: 14px;
background: url('<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/images/dropBorderSides7.png');
background-repeat:repeat-y;
}
And the image is only 1 px high. Perhaps it's because my footer image isn't going low enough. Is there code to pad it below the edge of the footer?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:15 PM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
Is there a way to add a border that stops before it gets to the footer? I'd like the footer to not have the border around it.
You can see what's happening here:
http://willworkforfilm.com/premierpedsbh
Old Mar 1, 2011, 04:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I can't think of a way since the 'container' is the element that the rest of the page is built 'inside of'

think of it this way, each layer is a sheet of transparent paper, so the first sheet is the body and then you lay on that the wrapper and next comes the container. On the container you have put a shadow all around it that exceeds it's sides.

Now on top of the container is a table, the table has three separate sheets that all rest on the table and they are the three rows: header, middle and footer

while you can style the footer, it still rests on top of the table/container and the container shadow stretches and you can't stretch the footer to cover it.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:04 AM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
Sorry for double post - because I switched to border-image instead of a background image with padding, it seemed to me a different thing altogether.

So is there a way to style just the "middle" instead of the whole container?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sure, ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style