Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Permalink for posts without title

Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:06 AM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
Permalink for posts without title

RE: ATA Ver. 3.6.1 Change: * Permalink for posts without title: Instead of the title the word 'Permalink' is displayed and linked to the full post.

QUESTION: Can you please tell me if there is a way to disable the new 3.6.1 feature where "Permalink" shows when a post does not have a title? I want nothing to show, and no vertical space left in it's place, like before.

Thanks guys!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:17 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Go to ATO>Configure SEO and turn on Post/Page Options. You will then have a box in each post to not show the title.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 06:08 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks but that did not work.

Here's my thing: I want to eliminate the (blank 'Permalink') title on my top article (it's a sticky) in my loop. The options in ATA SEO Post/Page Options seem to control showing/not showing the title on Single Post or Static Page titles only.

What I want is to have a post that's on my homepage as a sticky (which contains a slider) and I don't want the blank title to show as 'Permalink' (see attached "361wrong.jpg"). I want nothing to show. It worked that way in 3.5.3 and 3.5.1 without having to mess with any setting. I just have nothing in the title field in the post, and that space disappears (see attached "353right.jpg").

I would wire up the slider some other way if I could - but can't figure out how to get it on the top of the middle column on (important) the first page of the loop only.

Perhaps if you can't offer a solution to blank out the 'Permalink' on my post without a title, you could suggest how I could wire up the PHP for my slider (I know the code) so that it only shows on loop page 1 -- that would also solve me.

Help? Thank you!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	353right.jpg
Views:	1371
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1062  Click image for larger version

Name:	361wrong.jpg
Views:	1298
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1063  
Old Jan 21, 2011, 07:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Along with having the "Check to NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or Static Pages" box checked and make sure you have a title entered for the page or post.
If the title is left blank the Permalink will be seen.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 07:51 PM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
Larry thanks -- no dice. It does in fact perform the suppress when you click through to the post, but it still shows the title of that post in the loop, even after chacking "NOT to display" and entering a title.

Other ideas? Thank you so much...

Steve
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I suspect if you set the boxes in ATO>Configure Excerpts to "Full Posts" the title will not show. Alternatively you could use the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts but it will not show the title on any post.
HTML Code:
.post-headline {
 display: none;
}
If you only want the title not to show on certain posts you would have to add the page id to that selector as in the example below which would hide post titles on the home page.
HTML Code:
body.home .post-headline {
display: none;
}