Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Removing Post Headline on Multi and Single Post Pages

Old Jan 6, 2010, 03:08 PM
jen

4 posts · Oct 2009
Luxembourg
WP 2.9.1, Ata 3.4.4 http://cg-inv.com/cgi/research-2/

I'm using the blog feature as a Library where PDFs are posted. I don't want the Headline to show in the Multi Posts or Single Posts pages. I found in the ATA>Style Edit Center Column>Content above Loop - I can delete <?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?> and this removes the Post Headline from the Posts pages, but it also removes the title from the "Pages" pages which I don't want.

I don't know how to write code, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm using Display Widget Plugin from http://blog.strategy11.com/display-widgets/#comments, but it only works with widgets written in WordPress version 2.8 format. It will not work with two of my widgets. So additionally I want to use Widget Logic Plugin to fix the problem. I don't think I'm writing the conditional tags correctly. I'm using a static page for home page, so this is called front page i think. I want a widget to go on home page, blog page, category page and archive, so is this conditional tags together correct?

is_home() || is_front_page() || is_category() || is_archive()

Thanks for your help!!!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 07:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
change the code to
HTML Code:
<?php if (is_page()) { bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>');} ?>
use 'or' in the other case
HTML Code:
[html]is_home() or is_front_page() or is_category() or is_archive()
[/html]
Old Jan 8, 2010, 07:46 AM
jen

4 posts · Oct 2009
Luxembourg
Both suggestions worked, thanks! I made a donation!

Last edited by jen; Jan 11, 2010 at 01:54 PM.