Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Extra spacing on page menu child items

Old Feb 1, 2012, 02:36 PM
samij0

18 posts · Nov 2009
Hello mods!

I'm having trouble with my page menu bar. My goal is to have it span the width of the header/site (900px). That seems to be working just fine, but when I applied the css to achieve this goal, I suddenly had a spacing issue with the child menu items. If you look at my attached image, there is extra background or spacing to the right of the second level items, which causes the third level items to be pushed further to the right. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Here are the CSS inserts I'm using for the menu:
Code:
/* Menus */

div#menu1 {
border: none;
width: auto
}

div#menu1 ul.rMenu 
{
border: none;
background: #fff;
width: 895px;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
}

ul.rMenu li a {width:166px; text-align:center;}

ul.rMenu,
div#menu1 {
height:25px;
margin-top:0px;
background: #fff;
}
Here is the website: http://035219d.netsolhost.com/test

I'm using WordPress 3.3.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.3, and Chrome (on a Mac) for my browser, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
~Sami
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-01 at 4.24.05 PM.png
Views:	691
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1757  
Old Feb 1, 2012, 05:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You're going to have to fiddle with menu widths both within the theme options and using CSS for the sub menus. I just spent a bunch of time on a client's site twiddling with stuff like this. My best suggestion is to use Firebug and twiddle.