Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Adding comments to the 'home page'

Old Oct 29, 2009, 08:29 AM
manasi

4 posts · Oct 2009
Hey all nice work with this theme an awesome amount of things to do so I am sure my ignorance is showing but how do I allow comments on multi-post home pages? I tried the 3.4.2 fix for this but there was some syntax missing. When I did as suggested in the post my comments box then appeared above the post and a small bit of text was repeated after each comment box.

The confusion was in the directions:
1st edit index.php for the atahualpa theme,
2nd add the green text in the options loop (ATO).
3rd remove the text in red..

exactly where I was supposed to change things was unclear...and did not seem to work...

could you please reiterate those directions for 3.4.4?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
can you point to the post you are refering to?
just to be sure, you want a comment form after each post on the home page?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:38 AM
manasi

4 posts · Oct 2009
Juggledad I fixed it so it would not show this ( I reset the page)
The directions I followed were here:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...t=comment+form

I attempted to re-follow the instructions and something is just not working....similar problems to the first time i tried to do this.
Address: removed the link

I reread the directions and realized that you have to edit the entire option ( I only saw 1 line and forgot to scroll through) none the less the problems are still there.

Manasi

Last edited by manasi; Oct 29, 2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
worked like a charm for me. Have you made any othere changes to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:04 AM
manasi

4 posts · Oct 2009
No there are no other changes what so ever, were you able to see the comment boxes all over the page?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 01:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
on your site yes, on my site it went
post comment
form
something is stopping the post from showing up on your site. You need to review all the changes to code you have made. You shoud also try disabling your plugins to see if one of them is causing the issue
Old Oct 29, 2009, 01:16 PM
manasi

4 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks juggledad I will do that and see what I can dig up. Thanks for the assistance