Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

The %author-email% cause right sidebar to disappear

Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:33 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
If I place just %author-email% in a footer all by itself (and with other post info items), the right sidebar disappears and I only see one post on the page.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 07:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You're right, thanks for finding this bug.

I could swear the function I am using for that was listed in the Wordpress Codex but I just looked and it's gone. Will fix in the next version.

If you wish to fix it now, replace in functions/bfa_postinfo.php

PHP Code:
 // Author email address obfuscated
if (strpos($postinfo_string,'%author-email%')!==FALSE) {
ob_start(); the_author_email_antispam(); $author_email ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean();
$postinfo str_replace("%author-email%"$author_email$postinfo);

with

PHP Code:
 // Author email address obfuscated
if (strpos($postinfo_string,'%author-email%')!==FALSE) {
$postinfo str_replace("%author-email%"antispambot(get_the_author_email()), $postinfo);

Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:06 PM
RickyRobi

5 posts · Apr 2009
Thank you for referring me to this thread. I replaced the code and still get the same error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function the_author_email_antispam() in /home/robiblog/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa332/functions/bfa_postinfo.php on line 84

this is what is on line 84

$postinfo = str_replace("%author-email%", antispambot(get_the_author_email()), $postinfo);
Old Apr 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I left an additional bfa_postinfo.php at /atahualpa/bfa_postinfo.php by accident

The real file is at /atahualpa/functions/bfa_postinfo.php

The file in the root directory is useless and will be removed again in the net version. Sorry for the confusion