Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Would like horizontal menu to span page body (example inside)

Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:17 PM
BackyardHockey

18 posts · Aug 2010
New Hampshire
This is essentially what I'm trying to do:

I'm using WP 3.0.1 and Atahualpa 3.5.3. Is there a way to have the menu span the whole body? I have a fluid layout with a min of 1000 and a max of 1300.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not sure how you would do that with a variable width site. I have always just wrapped the %page-center in a div and style it as needed. If you want the menu to be spread out as in your screen shot then you will have to do something like the following but you would need to have a fixed width to the site and tweak the padding. You might still have to wrap %page-center in a div and give it a background color and width to make the bar totally black.
HTML Code:
#rmenu2 li {padding-right:50px;padding-left:50px;}
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:36 AM
BackyardHockey

18 posts · Aug 2010
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
I am not sure how you would do that with a variable width site. I have always just wrapped the %page-center in a div and style it as needed. If you want the menu to be spread out as in your screen shot then you will have to do something like the following but you would need to have a fixed width to the site and tweak the padding. You might still have to wrap %page-center in a div and give it a background color and width to make the bar totally black.
HTML Code:
#rmenu2 li {padding-right:50px;padding-left:50px;}
Thank you Larry. I have changed my site to a fixed width of 1000px, and added this code to my CSS inserts:

HTML Code:
div#menu1 {
background: #000000;
border: solid;
width: 1000px;
}
This gives me the menu bar that stretches, in black, across the body (good), but now puts all of my menu items on the far left (bad) and not spaced out at all (also bad). For what it's worth, in ATO > Style & edit HEADER AREA, I do have the page menu set to "%page-center".

This is what it looks like now:

http://www.backyard-hockey.com

Thanks for your help so far.

Last edited by BackyardHockey; Oct 25, 2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Are you using %page-center instead of %pages?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:55 AM
BackyardHockey

18 posts · Aug 2010
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Are you using %page-center instead of %pages?
Yes, just updated my last post with that information. My Header area is as follows:

%logo %bar1 %image %bar1 %page-center
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:02 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Sorry I just reread the posts... This is what I meant by wrap. Instead of %page-center use
HTML Code:
<div style="background: #000000; width: 1000px;">%page-center</div>
So you will have
HTML Code:
%logo %bar1 %image %bar1 <div style="background: #000000; width: 1000px;">%page-center</div>
Also the code border: solid is incomplete. You need a color and a width such as
HTML Code:
border:1px solid #000;
But you may not need the border in this case.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:10 AM
BackyardHockey

18 posts · Aug 2010
New Hampshire
*edit - I'm going to consider this mostly solved and ask my other questions in a new thread!*

Thanks!

Last edited by BackyardHockey; Oct 25, 2010 at 11:44 AM.