Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Menu remains list, all serif fonts disabled

Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:27 PM
♫Ji

6 posts · Apr 2010
http://www.chongsworship.com/

Hi there, I had arranged the CSS almost exactly as I wanted it and was just changing the serif font stacks in the various ATO options to include linux fonts as well. Unfortunately, one of these changes completely broke the site layout. I found a missing semicolon and corrected it but it's still broken (not cache issue). Do you have any idea what else I changed by mistake? Current issues are:
- menu is a <ul> list of links and doesn't have any of the customisation in the ATO > page menu bar
- all serif fonts are disabled in various sections (sidebar widgets, post title, comments, pages)
- header is no longer aligned (should be title directly on top of the tagline, near the mid-bottom left of the header image)

Any idea what I did wrong or am I going to have to reset all options? Seems a bit of a waste as it is hopefully just one change, being so sudden. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 02:29 PM
♫Ji

6 posts · Apr 2010
Also, part of the same issue is that the post title is a bright green on hover. This is not part of my theme, which uses dark muted green. Just wondering where on earth this could be coming from.

I understand if you're not able to help!!

Last edited by ♫Ji; Apr 12, 2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:31 PM
♫Ji

6 posts · Apr 2010
I started resetting things to find out. Fixed the fonts by resetting the "header area" and re-entering values. Fixed the menu bar by resetting the "header image". I have no idea what the problem was.

Now the problem is that I have no left header opacity overlay, and no dashed %bar1/%bar2s despite incorporating them into the theme. Also, the sidebar has floated way down the page (possibly middle-aligned?).

I'm amazed that all this came from a font change.. Pointers would still be appreciated!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 03:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I think it has something to do with the number of fonts you have specified for teh tagline style
Old Apr 12, 2010, 04:15 PM
♫Ji

6 posts · Apr 2010
It was! And other places as well.

I went through every font and discovered there were two (different) instances where I had omitted a quotation mark, which of course would have put everything after it out of kilter. Menu is finally back thanks again!