Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

background image for the Page Menu Bar

Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:56 PM
shirley1

65 posts · Jun 2010
Hi

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.9 with wordpresmu.

I was in the option «Varios Content items», then «Add html/css inserts» and finally «Css inserts».
I've added this code :

div#menu1 {
background: url(/xxxx.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/menu_image.jpg) ;
}

It works partially, The background color hover is ok.
The menu page items have the color background that i've sent in «Page Menu Bar» / «Background color». How can i force to take my image as background for the page menu bar?

Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you need to play with it. The menu css is the most complicated in the page, it's over 400 lines of code. But you can muddle thru. do a forum search on 'juggledad menu cheat sheet' and put the code in your css so you can see what effects what.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
textwrecker

1 posts · Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1
Hi

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.9 with wordpresmu.

I was in the option «Varios Content items», then «Add html/css inserts» and finally «Css inserts».
I've added this code :

div#menu1 {
background: url(/xxxx.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/menu_image.jpg) ;
}

It works partially, The background color hover is ok.
The menu page items have the color background that i've sent in «Page Menu Bar» / «Background color». How can i force to take my image as background for the page menu bar?

Thanks.
Hi Shirley,

If you follow Juggledad's layout in the cheat sheet you should see the changes in your menu and can reverse engineer it from there. One of the things I had to make sure I included in each line of code was the "!important" function. Without it, the changes I made wouldn't show.