Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

3.5.1 Fade in/out header images with Javascript issues

Old May 28, 2010, 01:05 PM
Kadin

39 posts · May 2010
+++++++++++++++++++
see post #4
+++++++++++++++++++

Noticed something odd with the header images. The left / right hand side overlays show up for a split second then disappear as the next image is loaded. Looks perfect as long as your not rotating images, but it's broken from the 2nd image on. http://www.pvpgamer.com/ if you want to see what I'm talking about. Left and right side should be darkened by 40% black.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 15, 2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 28, 2010, 02:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It only doesn't work if you are using the fading. If you want the overlays just set the fade to 0. I'm pretty sure that could be added in but I seldom use the overlays so it's not much of an issue for me.
Old May 28, 2010, 03:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is happening is that originally the HTML puts out a background image and the opacity is overlaid on it, but then the java script starts running and overlays the image on top of both.

Note, the same thing will happen if you overlay your blog title on the header image and use the fading. The blog title will be overlaid.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 8, 2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old May 28, 2010, 06:01 PM
Kadin

39 posts · May 2010
Just wanted to point out the the old js.php fix listed here:http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6921 rotated the headers while maintaining the overlays.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 01:21 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Is there any relatively simple way to overlay on top of the javascript?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 04:20 AM
v-ice

2 posts · Jun 2010
ok, been reading this a couple of times.

Tried the additional code for js.php
but it still align left..
Old Jul 8, 2010, 07:49 PM
Sven

32 posts · Aug 2009
New Hamphire, USA
I have just upgraded to 3.5.1 and set the header image rotate time to 10 and fade to 2...what I do not understand now is that each time a page is loaded it starts with the same image not a random one.

When the page loads (tested in 5 latest browsers) you see a random image (like before) but then the script runs and starts at 1.jpg (this is an unappealing affect) and then alphanumerically through the file names. It's not a random image.

Additionally, I have selected to have the header image clickable, but it is not.

Any ideas/suggestions?

http://blog.swansonphotosonline.com/

debug = yes

Should I remove or rename the old theme folder?

Added 7/9/2010: Just an additional note, I have thoroughly tested for any problems with other plug-ins by deactivating all (no changes in above described behavior) and adding them back in one at at time (no changes in above behavior)...I have read through the forums here and on Wordpress to look for a solution and am stumped.

Last edited by Sven; Jul 9, 2010 at 05:53 AM. Reason: additional info
Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:23 PM
Sven

32 posts · Aug 2009
New Hamphire, USA
So after a week or so no replies...further diggin shows that some have paid up to get the correct code to work with (rand) rotating images, and some have used the custom js.php file and an earlier version...

Personally I have just reverted back to the original version I had been using due to lack of (free) forum support.