Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Ecwid Shop Plugin and Ata

Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:00 PM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
There is a shop plugin called Ecwid. There are some problems integrating this with Ata. From the thread below it seems to be a CSS issue with Ata. I am just going by what is said in the forum. They seem to be unable to provide a solution for this and I wonder if anyone here who knows Ata better might be able to come up with a fix - my site is at www.ukbarbell.com

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...rdpress&page=2

Edit: As suggested I have added this code to the site which has improved, but far from fixed it.

div.ecwid table td{
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
border: none;
outline: none;
}

Last edited by Liston; Nov 12, 2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Code added
Old Nov 12, 2009, 04:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What seems to be the problem, I just did a quick install and things look fine to me. You need to be specific, point to a url that shows the issue and describe where on the page the issue is.
What release of wp, anthualpa, PHP? What browser? did you try it on another machine?
Old Nov 13, 2009, 05:07 AM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
Thanks for the reply, and apologies for the lack of specifics.

The website store in question can be found at http://ukbarbell.com/?page_id=8#ecwi...=0&sort=normal
The Ecwid demo can be found at http://www.ecwid.com/demo-frontend.h...=0&sort=normal
A number of people using Ecwid with Ata are having similar issues. I wonder if Themeframe will work differently?

As you can see there is some conflict with the CSS from Ata and Ecwid.

There has been discussion of this on the forums at Ecwid and they are not sure of a fix, the thread can be found at
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...rdpress&page=2

They gave some code that goes some way to fixing the appearance (not currently used so you can see what it looks like without)
div.ecwid table td{
}

But you can compare the demo and my site and see the display issues.

I am using:
PHP version 5.2.5
MySQL version 5.0.81
Wordpress 2.85
Ata 2.8.6

Thanks in advance,

John

Last edited by Liston; Nov 13, 2009 at 06:44 AM. Reason: url link incorrect for my store
Old Nov 13, 2009, 05:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Are you talking about the lines that are showing up?
Old Nov 13, 2009, 06:48 AM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
Basically yes.

http://ukbarbell.com/?page_id=8

div.ecwid table td{
}

Takes some of them out and aligns it properly, but still leaves the category headers in a bit of a mess. Using on a default theme as I have enabled now you can see that there is no issue.

Kind regards, I'll send a donation for your time when I get home from work. Don't trust these school computers!

John

You get up early in the morning looking at the post time!
Old Nov 13, 2009, 04:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
How does this work, do you put your products on their server and grab them from there? It's not part of Wordpress as far as I can tell. It looks like they arerunning jqueries. Since there is no HTML that is displaying their info, I can tell what needs to be changed.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 03:31 AM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
Thanks for your time trying to solve this.

It seems that it is not simple fix on the side of Ata. I have moved onto E-Commerce now and it seems to be much more stable all round than the Ecwid plugin is at this time.

Once again thanks for taking the time to look at it,

John
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:49 AM
lepdesign

1 posts · Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liston
Thanks for your time trying to solve this.

It seems that it is not simple fix on the side of Ata. I have moved onto E-Commerce now and it seems to be much more stable all round than the Ecwid plugin is at this time.

Once again thanks for taking the time to look at it,

John
Try the Avactis shopping cart http://www.avactis.com
It is very easy to use and SEO optimized shopping cart. You can even enter ALT descriptions of any product images, SEO url prefixes, meta information, pages titles etc etc.

Also they have free version of the shopping cart (which could be used for live store.)

If you have hosting with Plesk control panel you can install this program in one click directly from the Plesk panel.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 06:03 AM
Qetzal

1 posts · Nov 2009
I think the following information will be useful for all Ecwid users who use WP with the Atahualpa theme (there are many of them!)

In order to fix Atahualpa and Ecwid issue, you need to add the following custom CSS code:

HTML Code:
div.ecwid table td, div.ecwid table tr, div.ecwid table{
}
The fix is tested by some Atahualpa users and completely removes all compatibility issues.