Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to select "Only Exerpts"/"Full Posts" for certain post?

Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:58 AM
shus

38 posts · Dec 2009
In Atahualpa I can set at "Configure EXERPTS"-> "Post or Exerpts on CATEGORY (ARCHIVE etc.) pages" two mode for all posts: "Only Exerpts"/"Full Posts".

But how can I select this mode for certain post (by ID, for exemple) not for all?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you could set a post to only ever show an excerpt, how would you read the rest of the post?

There is no easy way (unless you can find a plugin) that I can think of. You could dig into the code and put a condition in so that if post_id_xx and you were on a multi post page, do the excerpt instead of the full post.

You would have to document this so when you change releases you could make the change all over...

You would want to look at the code in bfa_post_parts.php around line 107 (version 3.4.4)
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:55 AM
shus

38 posts · Dec 2009
Thank you so much.

I have tried to find suitable plugin, but unsucsessfully.

Now I have only a halfway result: clcking to top category doesn't show posts from children categories( plugin "Just One Category"), but only single post's title which linked with this category.

Another way is "Category Page" plugin. It links category to page.
But it doesn't work correctly (or may be I am not enough skilled).

Last edited by shus; Jan 13, 2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:48 AM
shus

38 posts · Dec 2009
And last foolish question...

In principle is it possible to put some code above loop similar: " if post id=xxx then call page id=yyy"?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You might want to take a look at the List Category Posts plugin as well.