Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Nextgen slideshow displays only whitebox

Old Oct 16, 2009, 07:53 AM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Folks,

I've used the Nextgen gallery plugin a bunch of times but now I'm stuck. I'm using WP 2.8.4 and Atahualpa 3.4.1 and Firefox 2.0.0.20 on a Mac Powerbook G4. Here's the URL:

http://d6749745.u51.websitesource.net/iida/

If I pick some other display mode the gallery displays fine but not the slideshow. That just displays a white box. Any thoughts about what might be causing this?

P.S. In case, anyone looks right NOW (October 16 10:15am ET) I'm trying to uninstall and reinstall.... so it might not be there! Still would love ideas as to what might cause the white box? It is doing the same with other themes but I thought the experienced folk here would have thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Sharon

Last edited by horsemansarts; Oct 16, 2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
All I see in Safari or Firefox (Mac and PC) is [slideshow id=1]
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:16 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for looking! Yes, I was trying reinstalling it but that didn't fix anything. All the other short codes work except for the slideshow. The imagerotator.swf file is in the uploads folder with necessary permissions. I think it is weird that when you click on the button to find the imagerotator file it doesn't find it. So I enter the path manually but I'm wondering if there is something not right about it? I tried, for kicks, to see if putting a slideshow in a sidebar widget would work any better but nay. Now there are TWO white boxes. :-(

Sharon
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:00 PM
molligirl

6 posts · Mar 2010
Did you ever find a solution for this?

I'm inserting the shortcode for my slideshow and it doesn't work. [slideshow id=1]

The gallery works [gallery id =1], but not the slideshow - I get nothing on the page. I've read the documentation a few times and followed an online video, uploaded the imagerotator.swf to the uploads directory and pointed to it in the settings.

Can anybody help me resolve this? Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:47 AM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

Try putting the imagerotator.swf file in a different folder... like gallery. I have since forgotten the exact solution but I have a recollection of discovering that I needed to put the file somewhere else...other than where I thought it was supposed to go!

Good luck!
Sharon
Old Mar 13, 2010, 06:06 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
imagerotator.swf should be in wp-content/uploads.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 07:49 AM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
Yes, /uploads is where it is supposed to be. :-) I just remember having a similar problem. And, I could have sworn I ended up putting it somewhere else (which did seem weird at the time). Maybe it had to do with permissions, though. Have you checked that?