Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

"read more" link does not appear after the excerpts in category pages

Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:40 AM
vjoseph

3 posts · Feb 2009
Hi !

I am using the Atahualpa theme, and I find it really nice and very powerful. Combined with a few plugins (ie Navlist, Minipost, ...) it enables me to use wordpress as a CMS.

I’d like to enable a category page to list the excerpts of the articles, with a customised “read more...” link. I precise that what I want to do is not to use the tag <--more--!> to split the post, and make appear the beginning of the article, but use the optional excerpt section to write a teaser. Whatever the options that are set up, I am just able to obtain a list of article (for a category page), with the text of the teaser but I didn’t find any way to make appear a “read more” link.

I precise that if both options for [Wordpress / Setup / Reading] and [Atuahualpa Theme options / Posts or excerpts] are set up to show only the excerpts, the problem is that these ones appear but without any “read more” link.
Otherwise, if I setup [Atuahualpa Theme options] to show Full articles, it will run like expected to show the beginning of the articles which were split using the <--more--!> tag when they were written, and correctly show the “read more” link for them. My problem is that for articles written without using the <--more--!> tag, but using the Excerpts zone to write a customised sum up, this “read more” link does not appear!

Having read some questions in the forum related to the same problem, I understood that at this moment the Atahualpa theme was not written in order to do so. Is it the case or is there a solution available?

Thanks in advance for your help and congratulation for your work!
Vincent / Paris - France
Old Feb 5, 2009, 10:46 AM
vjoseph

3 posts · Feb 2009
A short correction following my post: when setin up Atuahualpa Theme options to show Full articles, it runs like expected to show the beginning of the articles which were split using the <--more--!> tag when they were written, and shows correctly the “read more” link BUT for articles written without using the <--more--!> tag, but using the Excerpts zone to write a customised sum up, it is the full article that appears (and not the Excerpts followed by a "read more" link, what I'd like to obtain)...
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I think neither Wordpress nor the theme are prepared to do that, maybe this plugin can http://sparepencil.com/code/advanced-excerpt/

Or add the more tag to the posts where it's missing.