Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] RSS feed not working

Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:31 AM
striped aardvark

50 posts · Mar 2010
dundas, ontario, canada
ATA 3.5.3
WP 3.2.1

I've tried disabling all the plugins, didn't work.. tried adding the ?> to the end of wp-config, it was already in the functions page. does anyone have any thoughts?

site is : www.envirosim.com/2011

thank-you!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
was it working? if it stopped, when? that did you do?
if you swap to twenty-yen does it work?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:19 PM
striped aardvark

50 posts · Mar 2010
dundas, ontario, canada
yup, just switched to 2010, works fine.. it was certainly working a few week ago, but i hadn't tested it in quite some time.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what are you using for the RSS settings? I don't see any of them in the header of sidebars.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:03 PM
striped aardvark

50 posts · Mar 2010
dundas, ontario, canada
i'm so sorry, juggledad. I didn't realize/remember that atahualpa needs this set up. i will work through this now.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:06 PM
striped aardvark

50 posts · Mar 2010
dundas, ontario, canada
i think the issue was that by clicking the top rss icon in the IE menu bar, i can get through to the feed in 2010 but not in atahualpa. should that be the case?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Not having IE (on my mac ) I've never seen this before.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:34 PM
striped aardvark

50 posts · Mar 2010
dundas, ontario, canada
yes, I understand IE is not great. but people do use it. having a visitor click the rss button and land on an error page isn't great either. firefox has the same option, under bookmarks|subscribe. in firefox, the feed appears to work now, which it didn't earlier today, possibly before i added the ?> to the config file.

IE :
FF :

j
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it must be something to do with your setup. I just checked my test site and activated 3.5.3 and it works fine in IE8.

Interesting, your site shows with a 'reader' option in Safari 5.1 on the mac while my site shows the RSS option.

When you shut off your plugins, did you clear your browsers cache?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:21 AM
striped aardvark

50 posts · Mar 2010
dundas, ontario, canada
i did clear the cache, juggledad. still nothing. however, i did notice that in firefox, although the feed appeared to work, the most recent two posts were the only ones showing up. the others were not. so, i changed the older ones to draft mode and tried again, and presto. something must have been set wrong when the older ones were posted, perhaps? in any case, I'll be adding multiple news items over the next few days, including backdated ones. hopefully the issue is over and done with. regardless, it doesn't appear to be an atahualpa problem - thank-you as always for your help!