Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] I need a header that looks my actual Web site

Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:26 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Edit: See my tentative solution in the second post below. Will it cause problems ?

New to Atahualpa and amazed by all the options ! Before deciding to use it and donate, I want to make sure I can configure the header and menu the way I need.

Wordpress 321 and Atahualpa 367.

I'm trying to build a blog that is a page of my new Website so it must use the same header and menu.

The header is a full width gradient with a transparent .png image over it - no margins, no padding.

The menu bar is below the header, has a different color and 1px top and bottom black margins.

You can see it here on my experimental site:
http://julesgobeil.com/site_web_3/sw...lleryindex.php

I've done part of the job but I haven't been able to accomplish the following:

1- Having a gradient color scheme for the header. The only way I can select a color for the header is by changing the Body Style Background as shown below, but it is not what I want and I need this color for the body below the header and menu.

2- Having a full width menu line of a different color. I can add the color under the menu elements but not to the full width of the menu line.

3- Having 1px top and bottom borders for the menu. I've been able to add a top border to the bar1 line which gives me a bottom border for the menu - but I haven't found a way to have a top border for the menu line.

Here is what I've been able to do so far. No gradient - no full width color and no top border for the menu:

Can it be done and how ?

Thanks for your help
Jules

Last edited by JulesG; Sep 25, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
I posted the <header>....</header> code from the header.php file of my Web site into HTML/CSS Inserts / Header section. I also added the contents of the common.css file at the end of HTML/CSS Inserts / CSS Inserts. And it works fine... It replicates exactly the header and menu of my Web Site.

On top of this config section, it says: "Since 3.6.5 PHP code cannot be used anymore in HTML/CSS Inserts." Am I looking for trouble ? How come it works ?

Thanks for your help.
Jules
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Looking for trouble, no, you put in HTML not PHP.

Atahualpa use to allow php in the options but wordpress no longer allows the use of the php eval() in themes so it had to removed
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:10 PM
JulesG

47 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks for the info. It works fine now - header, menu and footer.

Case closed !