Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to Link whole unorganized list area

Old Feb 12, 2010, 08:52 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Hey Flynn/JD,

I have been using Firebug lately to try and debug things, but I haven't been able to figure this one out.

I want my <li>'s within my <ul>'s in widgets to be totally clickable as a link (not just the actual link text itself).

I know I'm probably explaining this badly so this site is an example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.dailyblogtips.com

On the left sidebar with the categories, if you just hover over the <li> area, it will be linked. You don't have to hover right over the text to get the link.

The atahualpa default makes the bullet change color when the <li> area is hovered over, so it obviously recognized the hover over the area, but you have to hover over the link to be able to click it.

I am using wordpress 2.9.1 and atahualpa 3.4.4. I feel like this might be a complicated project just because not all <ul>'s are going to necessarily contain links...if it's too difficult don't worry about it.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The code in a widget is not something that Atahualpa control the author of the widget is the one who decides how it works. That said, Atahualpa does add some styling (that you can change) - you can get rid of teh bar that shows before each link by going to ATO->Style WIDGETS->Widget List Items and setting 'Left Border Width for Links' to 0 (you can do it for the 2nd and 3rd levels also)

this will leave you without the bars and the text will be clickable.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:44 AM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Any way to keep the bars and have that whole area be clickable?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Not that I am aware of, the bars are CSS Styling of the LI while the link is the <a...>xxx</a