Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Adding bkground color to sidebar widget titles/headers

Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:50 AM
RuthSmith

6 posts · Feb 2009
Boston, Massachusetts
Apparently I was using the wrong forum, so I will try this again.

I'm trying to add a bkground color to all the widget sidebar titles/headers.

I found this link here:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...t=widget+title

that says to do this:

through HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts

div.widget_categories .widget-title {
border: solid 1px #000000;
background: #eeeeee;
padding: 5px;
}

I did the above and it only changed for the categories widget.

What do I put in place of "categories" to have it work for other widgets like ad rotator widgets and recent posts widget? I've tried recentposts, recent-posts, recent_posts and it didn't work.

I'm using the most recent wordpress and theme at bestallergysites.com

Thanks in advance!

ETA: "text" works for text widgets-but still having trouble with header recent posts and ad rotator 1

Last edited by RuthSmith; Oct 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you will need to look at the a page then it's generated source to see what other CSS selectors you will need, like for ad rotator

For recent posts, you can use 'div.widget div.widget-title h3'
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:42 AM
RuthSmith

6 posts · Feb 2009
Boston, Massachusetts
Thank you so much. That def worked.

However, it then bumped the size of the colored box behind the categories bar. I manually adjusted the padding (it's now down to 0 for categories and 6 for recent posts), but wondering why it would do that.

Thanks again for the prompt reply and help!