Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to Remove the Magnifying Glass from the Sidebar Widget?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 30, 2014, 07:23 AM
rardnek

3 posts · Mar 2014
How to Remove the Magnifying Glass from the Sidebar Widget?

I've been searching the forums and reading related topics but I am stuck on that magnifying glass.

Is it possible to use CSS to change the submit button so that it does not use the deafult magnifying glass image but is just a text button instead? I've don't know enough CSS to know if it's possible to override the src of the input field.

I am looking for a solution that does not involve me changing the code.

Default html looks like this:
HTML Code:
<td class="searchbutton">
<input name="submit" value="Search" type="image" src="http://www.no-rep.tv/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/magnifier2-gray.gif" style="display: block; border:none; padding: 0 0 0 5px; margin: 0;">
</td>
ps-- making this an editable option in the widget field would be super helpful!