Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

admin-ajax-php hack?

Old May 16, 2009, 05:01 PM
CHi106

1 posts · May 2009
I have had an inordinate amount of hits on the file admin-ajax.php and discovered a mysterious admin user on my blog.

I have changed my password. Disabled the phantom user and disabled the admin-ajax.php file for short term.

I have also read that changing the htaccess file to include:

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /wordpress/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /wordpress/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress'

Would keep anyone other than the server from writing to the database but it warned that this fix will preclude me from adding new categories.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is there a better solution?

www.businesscardtobusiness.com/blog