Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Is it possible to upgrade automatically from 3.4.9 to 3.5.1?

Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:15 AM
rmano

6 posts · Jun 2010
Madrid, Spain
Is it possible to upgrade automatically from 3.4.9 to 3.5.1?

The title says it all. It used to be very handy to upgrade via wordpress theme screen, but it offered to me just upgrade to 3.4.9, then just stopped.

Is the only possible path to install 3.5.1 in a new directory, then saving configuration in 3.4.9 and reloading it in 3.5.1?

Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:44 AM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
If you download v3.5.1 to your computer and ftp it to your site it will automatically pick up all the previous settings when you activate it.

The only thing you will need to do is ftp the header into the header images folder of Atahualpa351.

Everything else should remain as it was - widgets, posts, appearance etc.

Once you've upgraded, I would suggest that the first thing you do is export your theme settings (a feature of the newer versions of Atahualpa) as a safety backup - along with your posts/pages database.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:59 AM
Wyro

21 posts · Jul 2009
Also if you use a customized favicon, you'd need to upload that to the favicons folder under the 351 folder, and make sure that the correct image is pointed to in the favicons section of ATO.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:42 AM
rmano

6 posts · Jun 2010
Madrid, Spain
Yes, I noticed the favicon. I have a little script that uploads the things that are wiped out with every upgrade, like this:

Code:
scp rgtti.ico rgtti.com:./public_html/rlog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/favicon/
scp rgttilogo.png rgtti.com:./public_html/rlog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/
scp header*.jpg rgtti.com:./public_html/rlog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header
Not ideal, but not a big problem. Would be nice to have for example
/public_html/rlog/wp-content/atahualpa-data for things like that, which is not deleted during upgrade.